Wednesday, March 31, 2021

A Wonky Week

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day. Today not so much. While pups had a few canine friends to frolic with yesterday, today there is no one at the park. But today I have time to go to the gym. Yesterday I drove my husband to his dermatology appointment to get a suspicious mole removed. They have such covid-fright that no one else is allowed in the waiting area and since this "surgery" might take a few hours, I'm advised to go home. I do and figure there's time for the Bark Park. 

We're only there for 20 minutes before I get a text telling me that everything is finished and done. Well, it's a 30-minute drive there so I give the pups a few more minutes of playtime before they have to go home because I'm not taking them to Connecticut. My husband has stitches that make his nose appear as if it's sewn onto his face. His nose is swollen but at least he's avoided the black eyes that sometimes accompany this procedure. I'm glad the surgery didn't take long as it means that there was very little spread of the basal cell carcinoma, the most common skin cancer made memorable by President Ronald Reagan

I do a regular workout today. My sciatica still bothers me but it's not crippling. I spend a lot of time doing sciatic-relief stretches in the Aerobics Room. I sneak in a set of Hammer Grip Pull-Ups. When I return to the Free Weight area, I decide to do the one body part I've skipped for the past few weeks: shoulders. There's not a lot of people at the gym today, probably because school is out and people are on holiday. My son has reverted to the nocturnal teenage sleep cycle, so I imagine most of his friends have as well. 

Next week our school district returns to full-time in-person instruction and none of us are happy about it. Students will have to wear face masks AND clear plastic face shields. While teachers and other staff might be vaccinated, students will not have been. I'd be okay with a continuation of the hybrid model until more of the population is immunized. 


31 March 2021
Dreary Wednesday

Precor elliptical
30 min + 5 cool down
Program 1
HR 106, 142-193
Cal 321
Distance 2.88

Crunches x 20 x 6
Piriformis Stretch
Happy Baby stretch
10 Dead Bugs x 4
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Push-Ups 50
Mat stretch w Pigeon pose

Sneaky HGPU 17

DB raises supersets
lateral standing 15 lbs x 15 x 4
reverse inclined flys 15 lbs x 20 x 1
20lbs x 20 x 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...