Tuesday, March 2, 2021

That Flapping Noise Isn't the Sound of Wings

Short workout today amid the polar vortex blast of arctic wind chill. Pups went to the park but no one to play with the entire 90 minutes we were there. The YakTrax ice grips worked well though.

The tire pressure sensor lit up on my car again and I'd just had the tires filled not two days ago. The oil change place informed me that there's a big nail or screw in the front passenger tire. Ah, so that's what that weird flapping noise has been for the past few days.... Valvoline will rotate your tires, check their pressure and fill them, but they don't do patches. I call the auto repair shop to see if they can squeeze me in today and they want to know if I can drop off. Uh, nope. I'll have to wait for it. What about tomorrow? I got plumbers coming and I don't know when. The repair shop is accomodating and after 45 minutes, they've plugged the hole. 

I get to the gym after 1 pm, much later than planned. Time enough for cardio and abs, and push-ups and let's try some gentle hip raises... Tomorrow the plumbers are coming to fix the leak in the bathroom that was initiated by the same plumbers when they fixed the leak in the basement. Sigh. A lot of hard banging to replace a broken pipe in the foundation has done something to the toilet situated directly above. Ugh. Probably a loose water intake valve. Or, maybe since the pipes are so fragile and brittle... I don't want to think about it. But no gym tomorrow... 

2 March 2021
Arctic Wind Tuesday

Precor elliptical
35 min
Program 2
HR 89, 148-205
Cal 318
Distance 2.86

Crunches x 30 x 4
Piriformis Stretch
10 hip raises (testing)
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Bent Knee Glute Kickbacks 25 x 2
Plank 60s
Pushups 50
Mat stretch et al

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...