Friday, March 19, 2021

Sunny Isn't Warm

It was so cold this morning that two of the regular dog park regulars bailed. Polar winds whipped through the area all night and there was black ice along the roads. The dogs still had a blast running around and chasing a new squeaky tennis ball. We were only there for an hour so I had time this morning to make appointments for doctors we didn't see all of last year, like an annual exam for my son and the dentist for me. I've broken a few crowns over the past year, but at least my teeth don't hurt. 

Afterward, I spend an hour trying to fix the drooping sun visor in my car. There are a lot of YouTube videos with "simple but effective" tricks to make the visor behave, but none of the three I tried did anything. I haven't tried removing the two mounting screws in the roof yet, but apparently wrapping an elastic band (scrunchy) or zip tie should fix the issue. We'll see. But I can't have the stupid visor fall down in my face while I'm driving because that's downright dangerous. And I don't want to spend $80 to buy a whole new visor when the visor itself is perfectly fine. 

It's nearly 1:30 pm by the time I talk myself into going to the gym. Late but better than not going. Again, I do Intervals on the elliptical and then stretches and core exercises in the Aerobics Room. I swapped the insoles from my good NB sneakers (gray) with the new NB shoes (white & pink). I want to know if the white ones have bad insoles or if it's something else about the shoes. I even wear the same socks to limit the variables. My feet feel fine in the white sneakers with the old gray insoles. Hmmm. The next step is to wear the gray sneakers with the white sneaker's pink insoles. 

My glutes have been sore since I woke up this morning, and I'm not sure if it was the Pigeon Pose I attempted or the relatively light-weight Smith RG BB Rows. Today I attempt the Pigeon Pose again, but no weight work, except for the hammer-grip pull-ups I sneak in on the way to the locker room. I feel much better, probably because I'm making the conscious effort to get more sleep. In two weeks, my son will be returning to in-person school a full five days a week. Neither of us is looking forward to it since it means getting up at 6 instead of 6:45. Losing those extra 45 minutes really hurts. 

19 March 2021
Arctic Sunny Friday

Precor elliptical
30 forward 5 cool down backward
Program Intervals
HR 148-195, 81, 113
Cal 337
Distance 2.98

Crunches x 60 x 2
Piriformis Stretch
Happy Baby stretch
10 Dead Bugs x 4
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
3 Cobra 5 sec hold
Push-Ups 25
Mat stretch w Pigeon Pose

HGPU 16

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...