Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Quickie Full-Body

I admit that what I consider a quick, full-body workout is not what most people consider quick. But it is full body, encompassing cardio, core, back, arms and shoulders. I could add air-squats to make it complete, but I hadn't thought of it at the moment. Maybe next time. The gym was too warm yesterday as no one is going to turn the A/C on in January in spite of temps going to nearly 60. Of course, I also got a bug bite yesterday! Ugh! Today, it was 35F and plenty cold. I kept my hoodie on for most of my workout!

I decide to do Program 3 on the elliptical because I probably hate that one the most. And I haven't done it in weeks. Maybe even months. I also do the 5 minute cool down because I'm not planning on doing any more cardio afterwards. Instead, I have my routine: hammer grip pull ups, push ups and then assorted planks. I hate to agree with all the online fitness articles, but I feel like I'm getting much better results with the variety of planks than I ever did with crunches, sit ups and leg raises. I do miss doing the alternate bicycle crunches though. But I don't miss having to take my hair clip out. Because my hair is such a messy pain, even braided and pinned back.

I do some quick stretches at the Cage, and because I forgot to do them earlier, two sets of Band Pulls. Soooo done! We had store-bought fried chicken yesterday before kung fu class and Boy Scouts. Even though it's loads better than KFC (which is basically a deep-fried salt lick), there's still enough sodium in it for me to notice. I'm not happy with the gym scale (111.0 lbs), and a little surprised looking in the mirror. I'm not seeing puffy water-retention. I see big. So that's a good thing...


Wednesday

30+5 x-trainer
Program 3
Calories 331
Miles 2.94
Average Heart Rate 151 (210 max! Ugh!)

HGPU 26
Push-ups 60

Elbow Plank 60s
Side Planks 2 x 60s
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s
Elbow Plank 60s

Mid Band Pulls 15
High Band Pulls 15

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...