Saturday, January 13, 2018

Enforced Rest

I had such a bad headache yesterday that I took the day off from the gym. Today, I find that my sump pump has failed and I'm patiently awaiting a plumber (doing overtime because it's Saturday) to bail out my basement and see if my hot water heater will restart once it's dry. Ugh. No hot water means no heat! There's a foot of water in my basement due to all the heavy rains yesterday. And while it was nearly 60s yesterday, this morning everything was blanketed with snow. Pretty, but cold. Ugh.

I admit I've been sleeping a lot the last two days. Which means I'm not ravenously hungry anymore. Whew! I've also resorted to using my toe sock to keep the cramping at bay. I felt my toes twinge a bit yesterday, which is very alarming. Muscles cramps are really painful, but I think they're worse when they occur in tiny digits that are hard to massage. Seriously.

Monday is another school holiday. I might go to the gym tomorrow though. Because they have great hot water! And I should take my son with me to do a little mother-son exercise bonding. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...