Friday, September 9, 2016

Yaaaay Friday!

Looking Great but Blurry
It was good to be in the water again. It's amazing how much you forget when you don't practice simple things like changing from an I form to the L form and laying your head on your extended arm to breathe. There's only 3 ladies in the Intermediate Swim class, which occurs simultaneously with the Adult Beginner class. There's three times as many people in that class, and surprisingly, none of them are from this past summer. We also practiced a flat backstroke, moving from I to T to X forms in the water. It was dark by the time my son and I got back to the house. Wow, I wasn't expecting daylight to fade so fast, but in a just over a week it will be the Autumnal equinox.

Today, my shoulders are sore. Not painfully, but enough to remind me that I have shoulders. I put on my old mesh Asics because today's going to be a cardio day. Yeah, I'll do push ups and pull ups, but those are now part of the warm up routine. Maybe I'll push a few light weights just to keep things interesting. My favorite cross-trainer is occupied so I look at the 3rd one down the row. Uh, the interface is all funky and won't let me select any programs. I could just blindly pedal, but I won't be able to record any data. Then I see that the "good" cross-trainer being vacated. Yaaay me!

Pull ups are okay. I wish I could do more than 31. I have done more than 31, but that's when I wasn't quite so tired. I really hate how my body swings. Steadying oneself saps energy from the movement. I'm not having much success going to sleep earlier. I am waking loads earlier, but at some point this is all going to catch up with me. Going to bed earlier does not mean sleeping more. Lately it means lying in bed wide wide awake. Plus, my phone is acting possessed ever since I upgraded the IOS.

The upgrade was suppose to patch several security issues that allowed malware to take over your phone if you clicked on a bad text or email link. But now my phone mysteriously turns itself on and does weird stuff. Like send data from the Sleep Cycle app to FaceBook. What? Or play a YouTube video at 2 am, like it did last night. I had all my apps shut down except for Sleep Cycle. Two nights ago, it turned on music and the flashlight app. I would completely shut the phone down if I didn't rely on it for the morning alarm. I've disabled the Sleep Cycle app, so now I get to see if that solves the issue. Or if it's something else. I also just wish stores would realize that people like me just don't want every single store app on their phone. CVS keeps trying to bribe me with $3 coupon incentives. Ugh, the last thing I want is anther app.

I do some light inclined benches on the Smith machine. Normally I have the incline set to 30 degrees, but today I try it at 45. Then I do a few sets of RG BB Rows, just to loosen up all the tightness in my back and chest. There's no class in session, so I wander into the class room to do my Day 2 video. I feel a little self-conscious even though there's no one in there. My elbows are angled out asymmetrically, but I only see that in the video afterwards. I also realize that I not only do more than 22 push ups, but that I move really fast. Well, no point in dawdling. I snap a few selfies. The difference in lighting across the room makes the photos interesting. Plus, you can angle yourself to look great, or not so great.
Looking Not So Great

Old people love hanging off the Stretch Cage. I guess it's a good thing. I like it because it's the only place where the bars are small enough to get my hands around, and close enough together so I can pull myself up. Regular chin/pull up bars are too thick, and spread too far apart. I have tiny hands. But if I can get my hands around the bars, then I'm golden. Other people don't have that excuse. I'm not even sure they know why they're at the Assisted Pull Up machine. It's certainly not helping them develop the muscles they need to perform an actual pull up. But I'm not going to tell them that...

The Day Two video is nearly 77 mB so I'm not going to post it to the Blog. It's on my FB page. I talked my first "victim" into participating. I'm not sure I can get 22 people to participate, but I'll give it a shot. The best I can do is try.

Friday Workout (thank goodness I can sleep late tomorrow!)

30 min X trainer
139 cal
3.86 miles
7.72 average speed

HGPU 31
Push Ups 100
Crunches 3 X 50

Bird Dog Planks
2 X 60 sec

Elbow Planks
2 X 30 sec

Smith 45° incline bench
15 X bar (30 lbs)
50 X 15
70 X 15
80 X 15

Smith RG BB Rows
20 X bar
80 lbs X 20 reps
100 X 20 reps
80 lbs X 20

22 push ups 22 Days Challenge

30 min elliptical
Intervals
2.63 miles
299 cal

HGPU 34!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...