Friday, September 23, 2016

Running on Empty

My swim class probably takes more out of me than I anticipate. I'm not sore the next day, but I am tired in a very non-descript fashion, best described as "empty". I can deal with muscle fatigue which is easily recognizable from the burning inside your muscles. Lack of sleep gives me a headache, and my eyes will burn at the rims. I hope I'm not getting sick, because I'm attributing the morning sore throat to post-nasal drip due to allergies. I'm starting to develop some hoarseness, the irritating sensation of dust or feathers in my throat, and a weird cough. Ugh!

Once I have my morning coffee, I'm off to the gym. Next week I'll most likely only be able to work out on Monday and Tuesday, unless I can get to the gym super early on the two days I'm working. Friday is out because I'm doing a repeat SLT for my right eye. I'll also just be finishing up the 22 day Challenge, although I'm quickly running out of suitable candidates to tag.

I feel really cold this morning and 10 min on the elliptical doesn't do much to warm me up. I don't really get warm until the end of the first 5 rounds of Beginner at the Nexersys. The right top pad is loose from last week. The lower pads arbitrarily register my kicks. The Beginner rounds are good. The machine even behaves itself during the Intermediate rounds. It's only during the Advanced Rounds that the machine loses its mind, and starts flashing random combinations in quick succession. It's impossible to score this way. I'm not that concerned. It's only wonky for 2 rounds, and even though the screen blanks for a second or two, the machine doesn't stop and reboot. So that's good.

My left pointer feels fragile today, like I've taped it too tight. My nails are short, but not short enough and I find my pointer getting irritated by the slice of my own fingernails. Ugh. Afterwards, I knock out my 22 push ups, and then do 30 minutes on the elliptical. I had every intention of going slow and doing LISS, but once I recover, the beat of tunes on my iPod carry me away and I'm back to moving as quickly as I can. Pull ups seem really hard today. Even my partial Mat Stretch seems hard. Jeeze, take a day off and all hell breaks loose.

Friday Workout

10 min elliptical
0.82 miles
91.4 cal

5 r Bgn
5r Intmd
5rAdv

Day 16  22 push ups

30 min elliptical
Program 3
2.44 miles
270 cal

HGPU 31

Photos posted for actual stats:

5 Rounds Beginner
Good warm up!

5 Rounds Intermediate
No weird combinations today!

5 Rounds Advanced
Rounds 1, 2 and 5 were almost pointless

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...