Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Pulling the Pull Day Along

Knee-length boy shorts are so comfy!
I went to bed at a reasonable time and still didn't get enough sleep. Because once in bed, I had trouble actually falling asleep. I might try warm milk tonight. Or chamomile tea. The downside of getting to the gym too late is that I'm hungry by the time I'm ready to go. If I leave my house earlier, my stomach is still asleep, even after coffee. Today I'm not actually hungry until 20 minutes into my 2nd set of cardio. Yaaay me!

Today is a Pull Day which means I've got to squeak out three sets of pull ups. Ugh! I also need to do sets of SLDLs and RG BB Rows. But at least I do it at the Smith machine. Otherwise I'd have to wrestle plates onto a bar that's sitting on the floor, because I'm NOT the person using the Squat Rack for THOSE things. I'm tired. I don't get great mileage, but it's over 6 miles. Another Yaaaay for me!

I see some familiar faces including Scuzzabut. He still has the same bad attitude, and bad form. I don't quite understand anyone who does sloppy BB curls (elbows swinging up) after OHPs, and then Lat Pull Downs. There doesn't seem to be any sense to his routine. He also stares in my direction a lot which makes me wonder if he wants to use the Smith machine. But since I don't have any respect for him, I totally ignore him. It turns out he's not interested in the Smith machine after all. I'm sure my pull ups make him wince. I've heard that pull ups and push ups are a macho thing. Ha!

I'm reading a lot of articles that state that men and women just can't be friends, although from the women's point of view, it's possible. But from the men's point of view, there's always that chance that it could lead to "something". Which is what I've sadly determined through experience. Which is why I don't talk to guys at the gym. I'd like to be friends, but I know that they can't be. Not that I'm going to restrict myself to a pink ladies-only gym. Those places are sad! And pointless because they don't have equipment. Besides, I like looking at guys. I just don't necessarily want to talk to them. Actually, I don't want to talk to half the women there either.

The back of my left hip feels tight when I go heavy on the SLDLs. I have to adjust my stance better. I can move the same amount of weight when I do RG BB Rows, but there's probably some trapezius involvement. Not that it concerns me. I don't have big traps. When I'm finished with my workout, I sneak into the empty class room and do my 22 push ups. Except I lose count even though I'm counting out loud. How the heck does THAT happen?! I have my elbows tucked in closer to my body and my left elbow doesn't click today. Yaaay me! I've also gotten 3 sets of 31 reps of hammer grip pull ups, so that's like over 90 pull ups. Cool.

Tomorrow I'll probably whack the machine. And maybe I'll just do cardio on Thursday because I also have swim class. I've got to plan, and pace myself because I'm just too damn tired lately.

Tuesday Pull Day
6.35 miles total cardio

30 min X trainer
138 cal
3.80  miles
7.58 average speed

Knee-ins 50
HGPU 31

Push ups 100
Crunches 3 X 50
Bird Dogs 2 X 60 sec
Elbow Planks 2 X 30 secs

Smith SLDLs
15 X bar (30 lbs)
15 X 80, 100
12 X 120, 130

Smith RG BB Rpws
15 X bar
15 X 80, 100, 120, 130

HGPU 31

Seated One Arm Cable Row
12 X 37.5, 45, 52.5

30 min elliptical
Program2
2.55 miles
287 cal

HGPU 31

Day 6 push ups 25?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...