Friday, September 2, 2016

The Last Friday of the Summer


Technically, Autumn doesn't begin until mid-September, but since school starts next Tuesday, summer is pretty much over. My husband is working from home today so I can leave my son home without issue. When I got up this morning, my son had taped a note to my mirror asking if I would take him with me to the gym. I guess staying home with the dog isn't so great, even though he has more gaming time that way. Hurricane Hermine is suppose to trash part of Florida so it's fortuitous that my husband's plans got cancelled, albeit all at the last minute. He'll still have to go to Houston and Tallahassee next week though.

I'm surprisingly tired today. It doesn't help that the cross-trainer is one of the harder ones, so even Level 1 is drudgery to pedal through. SuperNatural is on the close-captioned TV attached to this machine, which makes it entertaining, but distracting at the same time. I know I'm not making 6 miles today, but I'm okay with it. I'm okay with how hard pull ups are today. Push ups are hard as well. The only things that aren't hard are the crunches and planks.

I give Cuban DB Presses one more shot. My right shoulder twinges slightly, but nothing horrible. Three sets makes my shoulders tired, but I can still do a few light sets of DB Laterals. I haven't done them in a few weeks and I'm worried that I've lost strength. But I haven't. Surprise! The Cubans are taking its toll on my shoulders because I'm experiencing unusual soreness. Well, that's different.

Intervals are sooo hard today, but they get easier as time goes on. And then I'm hungry, and the Intervals are hard again. Ugh. My arms are tired too. I'm not used to that. This does not bode well for the next round of pull ups. Sigh.

Friday

30 min X trainer
120 cal
3.26 miles
6.49 average speed

HGPU 31
Knee-Ins 50
PU 100
CR 3 X 50
Bird Dog planks
2 X 60 sec

Cuban DB Press
10 lbs X 12 X 3

DB Lateral Raises
15 lbs X 12
20 lbs X 12 X 3

30 min elliptical
Intervals
308 cal
2.68 miles

5.94 total miles

HGPU 40.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...