Thursday, September 29, 2016

An End to the Challenge

Yesterday I only did 22 push ups. Okay, they were T-push ups and counting aloud actually made me a bit breathless. Boy did that make me feel out of shape! Today, I managed to get 30 minutes of cardio in, some pull ups, and then my last 22 push ups for the 22 Push Ups for 22 Days Challenge to raise awareness of Veteran suicides due to PTSD. And as promised, I did 22 Dand or Hindu push ups. And even though I haven't done them in months, they were actually a lot easier than I expected. Yaaay for me! The pull ups sucked. But the cardio was okay too. I have that love-hate relationship with Intervals, but ultimately it's more love than hate.

Tomorrow I have to have another round of laser surgery on one of my eyes to try and stave off blindness due to glaucoma. I doubt if I'll be in the mood to go work out afterwards. I do plan to visit a workshop on Saturday specific to raising backyard chickens. Our town might actually lift the ban against poultry and I want to be prepared. My husband and son are stuck doing service work for the Boy Scouts by marching in the local Columbus Day parade, an event I've never participated in in all the years I've been a resident of Putnam County. I have more Lakota Sioux cousins than Italian relatives, so perhaps I'm a bit biased.


Thursday

30 min elliptical
Intervals
2.65 miles
303 cal

HGPU 31
Knee-Ins 50
Crunches 3 X 50

Day 22
22 Dand Push Ups

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...