Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Who Knew Counting Could Be So Hard?

After a week of cool Autumn weather, higher temps have returned with a vengeance. It's in mid 80s today. Last week, I walked my dog and needed two hoodies because it was 48F. I got to bed on time, sorta. And fell asleep on time. Mostly. I do tend to wake up every few hours. Of course, I was having the most vivid and exciting dream when the alarm sounded. Of course. A mug of warm milk did the trick for my son. He was finally asleep within a few minutes after downing it.

It takes me a long time to get out of the house. I'm sorting through laundry and Boy Scout stuff. If I don't leave soon, I won't have enough time to do my routine and get back before the school bus. I'm cold even after the 10 minute warm up on the elliptical because I'm not wearing my hoodie. But 5 rounds at Beginner Level remedies that. The machine seems to be behaving itself and I move through 5 rounds of Intermediate without any problems. My luck doesn't hold though, and the machine resets itself during round 3 of Advance. Ugh! All data lost for that session. I start over but only do two more rounds. That's still 15 rounds total, more or less.

As I'm waiting to snap a quick phone pix of the screen, a solidly built, gray-headed man asks me if I like the apparatus. I tell him,"When it works. It rebooted itself in the middle of the third round, so I'm not happy about that." He wants to know if learned this elsewhere, and I say, "No, the machine gives you directions." He says he'd noticed that I was punching and kicking the crap out of it. And I tell him that I like it because it doesn't hit back. Which is true.

Before I get too tired from pull ups and a jaunt on the elliptical, I decide to knock out my 22 push ups. I think the more tired you are, the harder it is to count, even if you're counting out loud! I thought I'd done 21 and so added one last one to make 22. I'm not quite sure where I lost count. When I replay the video, I count 26. What the hell? Oh jeeze... not like I'm going to do it over again.

I do 15 minutes on the elliptical to loosen up my hamstrings. I've got a strain on an inner thigh ligament that's making some stretches iffy, so I don't do them. But I knock out my pull ups and head off to shower. Because, damn, I'm tired.

Wednesday Workout

10 min warm up
Elliptical
0.83 miles
93.5 cal

5 rounds Beginner
5 r Intermediate
3 r Adv data lost
2r Adv

22 push ups ??23-4?

15 min elliptical
Program 3
132 cal
1.20 miles

HGPU 32

Photos posted for actual stats

5 rounds Beginner

5 rounds Intermediate

2 out of 5 rounds Advance

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...