Monday, October 3, 2016

What Fatigue?

I left my son at home asleep while I went to the gym. No matter. He was up as soon as I got on the elliptical, and periodically texted me to ask when I was coming home. Still, this is better than actually bringing him to the gym which limits me to just 2 hours of gym time, including showering and changing. It's just not enough time. Three hours is barely enough time, but that's because I feel the need to do a lot of cardio. But not just cardio.

Today is a Push Day, and since I have another round of SLT on Friday, and I'm working on Wednesday and Thursday, I try to cover as much ground as possible. I skipped the gym last Friday because I had the selective laser treatment in my right eye. The left eye is next. My eyeball is just slightly sore if I press on my eyelid, but otherwise, I'm not feeling any discomfort.

I'm staying up too late binge-watching the Netflix original show Longmire. It's only 10 episodes but they're a full hour, not the 45 minutes that network shows run with commercial breaks. Which means I'm tired. I don't know how this really affects my workouts, except that I feel weak at push ups. Okay, I pause at rep 80 again, and rep 90, and rep 95. But I do get them done. Pull ups don't feel any stronger. But I surprise myself at the Smith flat bench. Today I find the tiny 2.25 lbs plates and do a few reps at 125 lbs. Then swap them out for 5 pounders and get 6 reps at 130 lbs. My shoulder doesn't hurt either. That makes me really happy. Fear lives in your head, and it's a hard thing to overcome. Sometimes you got to trick yourself to get past it.

I only do a few sets of Inclined Benches, and again, only 3 super-sets for lateral and rear delts. I totally skip doing Rip Skulls, but glancing at my triceps in the mirror, I don't really need to do those unless I'm killing time. I don't lose much mass even only working a body part once weekly. Of course, doing push ups, even in warm ups, might count towards maintaining that mass/strength.

My 2nd cardio session feels better than the first one. My son texts me to ask if I've left the gym yet. Not yet. Still got a set of pull ups, and then to shower and change. I don't even take time to stretch out. But I have a lot of things to do at home anyway. Too many projects, too little time. I have to write a list to keep my priorities straight. If I can remember to write it down, I'm good! Tomorrow will be a super-abbreviated workout because my son will be stuck in the Child Care room, and then we're going to the movies. It's a toss-up between Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and Storks. I'm leaning toward the Tim Burton flick, and not just because it stars Eva Green from Showtime's Penny Dreadful.


Monday Workout
(5.15 miles total cardio)

30 min elliptical
Program 1
2.58 miles
293 cal

HGPU 31
Knee-Ins 50

Push Ups 100
Crunches. 3 X 50
Elbow planks 2 X 45 sec
Bird Dogs 2 X 60 sec

Smith flat bench
Bar X 15 X 2
12 X 80, 100, 120
125 X 8
130 X 6
80 X 25

Smith inclined
Bar X 15
12 X 50, 70, 80

DB Lat s/s Rev Flyes
20 X 12/20 X 3

30 min elliptical
Program 2
288 cal
2.55 mile

HGPU 31

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...