Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Power Beats Accuracy

I really enjoy whacking the machine even if it's aggravating my sciatica. I don't actually realize this until halfway through the Intermediate session when the ache in my lower leg and foot distracts me from a series of combination blows. Between the Power Knee, Power Sweep and Power Kick, all involving the right leg, my sciatic nerve is vibrating. Like a funny bone. Only not funny. Afterwards, I spend 15 minutes on the Precor elliptical doing Program #1 with three-plus odd minutes pedaling forward, then backward, then forward, then backward again. It helps with the pesky hamstring.

Using big swathes of moleskin helps to protect my knuckles from bruising even though my power scores aren't all that high. But I'm fairly consistent. And after each 5 round bout, the machine tells me that I'm "over power" and to add rounds. Uh huh. I take a few selfies by propping my phone on the machine. It's at an odd angle. And I'm apparently not only sweaty and puffy, but fairly hulking in these photos. Wow, I wouldn't want to meet me in a dark alley...
Hulking today!

After I strip off my gloves and whatnot, and after the elliptical, I arch my back to flex out my shoulders and do a set of pull ups. Because I told myself that I would do at least one set every day that I came to the gym. Never mind that my set went from 15 reps to 21. Today I hook my left leg over my right and keep as arrow-straight as possible. Sometimes the sciatica kicks in while I'm pulling up and I have to curl my legs into my chest, but not today. Yaaay! I toy with the idea of trying Tiger Push Ups again, but think better of it. I have to get a few things from the store today... Besides, I want to try doing Tiger Push Ups at home, with my iPad in front of me so I can see whether I'm doing it correctly. It takes me a while to learn a new move. Seriously.

I'm not happy with my weight gain, although my home scale has me less alarmed: 108.2 lbs and 15.2% BF isn't the end of the world. But I'm a lot happier lighter and leaner. I've switched back to my own ON 100% Whey protein powder even though there's still a few doses left of the GNC brand powder that my husband bought. Maybe I'll finish it off afterwards, when I've finally dropped these 3-4 extra pounds of fluff. 

When I get home, I assemble Buff Dudes Hot Pot turkey meatballs. It looks simple enough. Hopefully it'll taste good too! I like the Buff Dudes and have a subscription to their YouTube channel. Although I don't agree with a lot of their training advice (because I'm my own trainer), they are pleasant, funny and thoughtful. And good, easy dinner recipes are always welcome.



Tuesday Workout

Warm Up
Calorie :   91 CAL
Distance: 0.81 mile
Duration : 00:10:00

15 rounds
Lap/Rep :  15 Lap/Rep
Duration : 01:00:00
Prgm#1
Calorie :   125 CAL
Distance: 1.16 mile
Duration : 00:15:00
190.4
Set 1 : 112x21

Photos posted for actual stats:


5 rounds Beginner


5 rounds Intermediate


5 rounds Advance

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...