Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Stamina is the Goal

It takes me a while to get out the door today even though it's reasonably sunny, and not too cold. I haven't put away my winter gear yet though, not with the Polar Vortex descending and dropping temps into frostiness.

I don't want to wear my hoodie today because I know the gym will get really warm once the sun climbs higher in the sky. So I layer my sweatshirt tank over a regular nylon tank, over my sports bra. I'm toasty enough for the first two levels, but have to strip off the sweatshirt by the time I start the Advance rounds. At least my hair is mostly staying put, now that it's long enough to stay clipped with barrettes and two ponytail holders.

I see a lot of regulars. I even tell one old woman she's an idiot for walking between the machines between rounds, because I could inadvertently hit her while throwing a cross. I don't think she heard me because 1) she's old, 2) she was wearing headphones and 3) she was focused on getting to point A without falling. People are stupid. And they get worse the older they get. As if rules and laws of gravity don't apply to them.

After whacking the machine, I do 15 minutes on the elliptical, using Program #2 because I can pedal forward for a bit and then backward. I find this helps to loosen up my legs and back after all the Knee-Ups, Sweeps and Kicks. Then I do a cursory stretch and a set of Hammer Grip Pull Ups. I still enjoy how I can feel all the movement in my back instead of elbows and biceps. Tomorrow is another abbreviated day so it'll be mostly cardio, and then I get to tow my son to the dentist with me later in the afternoon before his kung fu class. Oh joy...

Wednesday Workout

Warm Up
Calorie :   94 CAL
Distance: 0.84 mile
Duration : 00:10:00

Follow Me
Lap/Rep :  15 Lap/Rep
Duration : 01:00:00
Prgm#2
Calorie :   133 CAL
Distance: 1.21 mile
Duration : 00:15:00
190.4
Set 1 : 112x21

Photos posted for actual stats:


5 rounds Beginner
Started off really strong, but blanking the screen messes with the Accuracy because of missed strikes: you can't punch what you can't see.


5 rounds Intermediate
I still think the pacing of some rounds at this level are actually at Advanced Level. Accuracy and Power both suffer. Still occasionally blanking the screen as well.


5 rounds Advanced
My lungs stung sporadically during these rounds, and I had to take off my sleeveless sweatshirt because I got too hot. Still, it was enjoyable. Glad I made it through all 5 rounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...