Thursday, March 31, 2016

Feeling My Age?

Today's Selfie
I think women have a higher pain threshold than men. We just like to moan about it more because that's how we're raised. Men are told it isn't "manly" to complain about aches and pains. I'm not complaining. I'm just noting that I'm feeling a tad stiff today and it's slowing me down. I can only make 6.19 miles total for cardio because my quads are sore. Not horribly sore, but enough to impede my movements ever so slightly. My shoulders feel a bit heavy as well. But my knuckles don't hurt, and my sciatica is "in remission", so all is great with the world!

Today is another Early Dismissal so I'm in a rush to get my workout done. And I want it to be a meaningful workout, so there's a full hour of cardio, three sets of push ups, lots of crunches, and at least two sets of pull ups. For my final set, I again save the full extension pull ups for the end. Maybe I can work myself up to 25 reps. That'd be awesome!

I see regulars and newbies, but I don't have time to do anything more than get my routine done. Because I still need to change, shower and dress, and drive home to meet the school bus. Whew! Not looking forward to the forecasted snow either. Oh well... I haven't put any of my winter gear away yet so we're good. It is April after all.

Thursday Workout
(6.19 miles total cardio)

Steady State
Calorie :   143 CAL
Distance: 3.68 mile
Speed :    7.33 mph
Duration : 00:30:10
190.4
Set 1 : 112x21
50
Set 1 : 50 Lap/Rep
50
Set 1 : 50 Lap/Rep
50
Set 1 : 50 Lap/Rep
100
Set 1 : 100 Lap/Rep
50
Set 1 : 50 Lap/Rep
80
Set 1 : 80 Lap/Rep
50
Set 1 : 50 Lap/Rep
Prgm#3
Calorie :   282 CAL
Distance: 2.51 mile
Duration : 00:30:00
197.87
Set 1 : 112x23

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...