Friday, March 4, 2016

Playing It By Feel

I'm feeling a bit run down this morning. It's most noticeable as a slight burning sensation in my lower eyelids. I'm not feverish, and I have no other symptoms except for how I feel. When I pick my son up from school later this afternoon, to take him to his kung fu class, he tells me that he doesn't feel well and his throat hurts. Once in the car, I use a flashlight, detect some redness at the back of his throat, and then call for an immediate appointment with his pediatrician. Yep, he's got strep. The front desk tells me that their morning was nothing but back to back cases of strep and flu. My son cheerfully tells them "Well, it is the season for it." I hope I don't have it too. I have a sore throat, but I'm attributing it to post-nasal drip. I'm sneezing a lot too. Yuck.

Still, I go to the gym and work out. Because if I stay home and rest, nothing changes. The cold doesn't get better. It just hangs out. If I work out, either the cold gets better, or it gets worse. Either way, something happens. I know this from experience. My body is good at hibernation, and that's helpful with this sort of upper respiratory infection.

Since I feel a bit run-down, I cut my warm up push ups to just 30 T-push ups. I skip the planks and just do some crunches. No benching. I did some yesterday. But I can do RG BB Rows today. I don't do 3 sets of heavy like last week though. I'll do that next week, because I'm assuming I'll be better then. I also test out, gingerly, Seated One-Arm Cable Rows. It's really more of a bicep exercise for me even though I make sure to extend my lat forward. I start with a palm-down grip and rotate as I pull back to my armpit, ending with my thumb facing up. It's that twisting motion that really helps with the biceps. And I always start with the "weak" arm first, which means Left, then Right. No delts today. I'm planning to whack the machine tomorrow and that is actually a very arm-and-shoulder-intensive workout.

I feel a little lighter. The gym scale has dropped me down from 112 to 109.6 lbs. I'm glad it's going in the right direction.

Thursday Workout
(6.18 miles cardio; 22,681 lbs moved)

Steady State
Calorie :   143 CAL
Distance: 3.6 mile
Speed :    7.18 mph
Duration : 00:30:06
190.4
Set 1 : 112x21
30
Set 1 : 30 Lap/Rep
50
Set 1 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 50 Lap/Rep
217.5
Set 1 : 55x25
Set 2 : 95x20
Set 3 : 115x20
Set 4 : 125x15
Set 5 : 135x15
Set 6 : 145x15
Set 7 : 105x25
63
Set 1 : 30x12
Set 2 : 37.5x12
Set 3 : 45x12
190.4
Set 1 : 112x21
Prgm#3
Calorie :   293 CAL
Distance: 2.58 mile
Duration : 00:30:00
190.4
Set 1 : 112x21

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...