Thursday, March 24, 2016

Improving Daily

My son and I get to the gym late but there's enough time for a moderate workout. My shoulders are a tad tired today. Must be from whacking the machine yesterday! My hamstrings and quads are also slightly sore. It actually feels good to know that my muscles haven't completely gone to the dogs.

I only have time for two 30-minute cardio sessions and a few sets of push ups, pull ups and crunches. I feel like my hair takes an inordinately long time to deal with. When I tally up my cardio, I'm surprised to make over 6 miles. It's probably because I did Intervals for my 2nd session. It kicks my butt today, but I feel that it's well worth it. Literature suggests that high intensity workouts can improve cardio function. But of course, there's other literature that suggests that moderate distance (endurance) training is better for longevity and health. Can I do both? Kidding. Or not.

I do regular push ups, skip planks and do crunches instead. Two sets of hammer grip pull ups will have to do. I feel fairly strong until I get past the 15th rep. But I don't have to resort to kipping to finish the rest of my set. I'm out of time now, giving myself 30 minutes to change, shower and dress. You would think that's enough time, but just barely. Especially with half a dozen HS girls chatting in the tiny locker room. And what are they talking about? Getting their hair colored and how they charge $400 on daddy's credit card, but they only do it every 4-5 months so that should be okay. Besides, it makes them look good, and that makes them happy. Oh, good grief. I'm a no-fuss, no-muss kind of gal. Today, the most I do is put some leave-on tea tree conditioner in my hair and brush it.

I'm not making it to the gym tomorrow as I have an appt with my tax prep person. There's no school on Monday either, so I guess it'll be another abbreviated workout. Tuesday too, since that's a half day due to Parent-Teacher-Conferences. Oh well... 

Thursday Workout
(6.33 miles total cardio)


Steady State
Calorie :   134 CAL
Distance: 3.7 mile
Speed :    7.39 mph
Duration : 00:30:00
190.4
Set 1 : 112x21
50
Set 1 : 50 Lap/Rep
50
Set 1 : 50 Lap/Rep
100
Set 1 : 100 Lap/Rep
50
Set 1 : 50 Lap/Rep
50
Set 1 : 50 Lap/Rep
50
Set 1 : 50 Lap/Rep
Intervals
Calorie :   300 CAL
Distance: 2.63 mile
Duration : 00:30:00
190.4
Set 1 : 112x21

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...