Friday, April 24, 2015

Friday is Workaround Day

Not having a working desktop is really challenging my ability to write a proper blog entry. I can't get my Bluetooth keyboard to link to my iPad either. So typing on this tablet, and having to negotiate workarounds for actions I took for granted, like cut and paste, are slowing me down considerably.

It's no so much that my desktop is dead, but that it's lost it's network connection. So no internet, no email, no iCloud, and no printing. But it has a strong WiFi signal. I'm not sure how to fix the network problem. Meanwhile, its cold and grey and flurrying outside. My ancient laptop still prints but can't access email through Safari anymore and I only use the web browser on it sparingly because software incompatibilies cause the hard drive to overheat. Sigh.

I stayed up way too late and I'm suffering for that indiscretion today. But instead of crawling back into bed and hibernating, which is what I really wanted to do, I went to the gym. Because today is Leg Day, I did a 30 minute cross-trainer warm up. My mileage really sucks today, giving credence to the idea that you lose what you don't maintain. Plus, I think the HIIT cardio is starting to take a toll. I hog the Smith machine and use it for Squats, One-Leg Split Squata, and a few sets of SLDLs.

I've figured out that the bench was to high for my Split Squats, causing knee pain. I use a Step platform with just two blocks and my knees don't hurt. But the Squats are still hard as ever, and I only do three sets. I should really cut my Smith Squats and concentrate more on the Split Squats. I'm fairly light on my Smith SLDLs, especially since I don't want to resort to using VGs. I keep losing my grip on a mere 100 lbs. and this doesn't bode well for the rest of the workout.

GHRs are the last thing I want to do. (The JeFit app doesn't list them so I use the entry for Glute Kickbacks. Normally I can edit the data if I copy it from the JeFit webpage, but I can't on a tablet, hence the screen grab.) I feel like I'm going to fall on my face, but I don't actually. Thank goodness. I get on the elliptical, fairly certain that I'm going to be pathetic. For the first two HIIT rounds, I can only max at 265, but I'm able to increase my max speeds for each cycle until I hit 284. But once I do, it's a slow decline. I'm not able to maintain that max for each cycle, dropping to 268 by the 10th minute. Then 20 minutes of LISS, blissfully jogging anywhere between 116-130 SPMs. I'm drenched.  And hungry. And tired.

Tomorrow our Cub Scout pack is visiting the Intrepid museum for an overnight trip. I've enlisted a dog sitter. And I suspect we will not be getting any sleep.

Friday Workout (6.11 total miles)

Session SummaryEdit+Add
Session 1f
Session Length
01:37:42
Actual Workout
01:19:42
Wasted Time
00:00:00
Rest Timer
00:18:00
Exercises Done
6
Weight Lifted
13050 lbs
Re-Calculate
Workout Logs
 Exercise Name
1RM
Lifting Logs


N/A 

Calorie :   148 CAL
Distance: 3.8 mile
Speed :    7.56 mph
Lap/Rep :  --
Duration : 00:30:10


210 

Set 1 : 30x15
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 120x12
Set 4 : 140x12
Set 5 : 150x12


98 

Set 1 : 30x12
Set 2 : 50x12
Set 3 : 70x12


140 

Set 1 : 30x12
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 100x12
Set 4 : 100x12
Set 5 : 100x12


12 

Set 1 : 8 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 12 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 12 Lap/Rep


N/A 

Calorie :   177 CAL
Distance: 2.31 mile
Speed :    --
Lap/Rep :  --
Duration : 00:30:00

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...