Friday, April 3, 2015

Flexible Friday

Today is Good Friday so there's not only no school, but my hubs is off from work as well. I made him park up the road so I could get out to the gym this morning. Still, I'm a bit late, although I've had a nice cup of freshly brewed coffee (instead of instant espresso) and a bowl of oatmeal with an egg and 1/2 cup of blueberries. The parking lot is crowded and I don't know what to expect. The gym is lightly populated with regulars, Seniors, and a few kids. My triceps are actually a tad sore today. Must be those Close Grip Benches.

The first 15 min on the cross-trainer feels like I'm slogging through mud. I'm tired, but I'm certain it's mostly in my mind and not my limbs. By the second half of the "run", I've picked up speed and fluidity. I'm just shy of 4 miles when I'm done. The Smith is busy so no Squats right away. It's Leg Day and I'm stuck because I don't use any of the other machines or stations. The Hack Squats leave horrible bruises on my shoulders. I see no option but to return to the Cardio Platform and knock out another 30 minutes, but this time on the elliptical. I punch in Intervals and turn the volume up on my iPod. I'm very surprised and excited when I log in over 3 miles, because that brings my total to just over 7 miles. I've finally broken 7 miles! Wahoo! For me, Leg Day means doing cardio. Anything else is a bonus.

Post-workout
Selfie Today
I could go shower and change, but I see that the Smith is free. I do a few sets of Smith Squats. I don't push past 150 lbs because my quads and lower back are tired and I don't want to risk injury. And then I try to do sets of GHRs, relying a little less on the isometric movement, and a bit more of the dynamic push up from the bosu ball. I'm drenched through and through but still need to stretch out. But I'm tempted and succumb to the lure of the Step Mill. I haven't done these in a while. I hate finding tissues at the bottom of the water bottle holders. This time there's more than crushed tissues. There's cellophane-wrapped peppermint candy. What?! People bring candy to their cardio workouts? The fellow on the machine next to me keeps clearing his throat every 5th step. I wish he would just sip some water because I can hear him through my headphones.

The gym is mostly empty until a new gaggle of college kids arrives. Soccer Boy is doing extremely energetic pull ups where he brings his entire lower body up past the bar. I think it might be a CF move. There's a few faces I recognize from yesterday: Blue&Grey, WeightVest Girl, and the stocky young blonde fellow who I first noticed doing Floor Presses at the Smith. He always wears a maroon T-shirt and cap with large blue headphones. I manage a few Pistol Squats but I'm not at all motivated to do any planks, push ups or anything else. Done!

Good Friday Workout
(7.07 miles WAHOO!; 6,805 lbs moved)

Calorie :   149 CAL
Distance: 3.94 mile
Speed :    7.85 mph
Duration : 00:30:10
Calorie :   277 CAL
Distance: 3.13 mile
Duration : 00:30:13
210
Set 1 : 30x12
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 120x12
Set 4 : 140x12
Set 5 : 150x12

Set 1 : 12 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 12 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 12 Lap/Rep
Calorie :   110 CAL
Lap/Rep :  46 Lap/Rep
Duration : 00:15:00
131.83
Set 1 : 113x5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...