Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Cardio Tuesday

It's been suggested that I take a de-load week because I am dragging. Eventually I get to the gym, but I find myself dawdling in the morning. But let me see what getting enough sleep might do first before I do something drastic. Like not lifting. Egads! Today is Cardio Day. I still feel slow and I'm not able to make the same mileage as in the past. But close. Today's cross-trainer and elliptical mileage comes to 6.76 miles. I don't even count the 20 minutes of LISS on the Step Mill because I don't really equate that motion with mileage.

I also do some abs because most of what I do, I only do once a week. Except for the HIIT cardio and LISS. This is Week 2 of the New Program so I really should be attempting to increase my HIIT time from 10 minutes to 15 minutes. If I think about it too much, I'll never do it. So I'll probably "Just do it" when the time comes. Like tomorrow.

What I like about Cardio Days is not just the obvious exhilarating feeling after I've completed a session, but also how clear and crisp my airways feel. Lungs and sinuses feel squeaky clean! Weird, huh? I make observations while I'm on the Step Mill. Old people seem to lead with their heads, their necks jutting forward at a 45° angle. I want to shake them straight. The very large people lead with their bellies, their backs in an uncomfortable arc. I see The Mayor, M, tall Pace, short Pace, PonyTail and several other regulars. A lot of women seem to yo-yo between their goal weight and obesity. A lot of men seem to work up a tremendous pink-face sweat, but never look any thinner, or stronger.

Tattoo Tank is on the Step Mill adjacent to mine. He's got his face in a towel on the console as he trudges. He's lost a bit of weight too, but it's hard to know what his goal is. I see Venus at the cable station although I'm not really sure what body part she's working. I haven't seen her partner in crime, Chatty Guy in quite a while. I do a quick Mat Stretch just to loosen my lower back and upper shoulders. Tomorrow is Back Day. WooHoo!

Cardio Tuesday
(6.76 miles)


Calorie :   144 CAL
Distance: 3.75 mile
Speed :    7.48 mph
Duration : 00:30:05

Set 1 : 50x25
Set 2 : 50x25
100
Set 1 : 100 Lap/Rep
50
Set 1 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 50 Lap/Rep
Intervals
Calorie :   267 CAL
Distance: 3.01 mile
Duration : 00:30:00
LISS
Calorie :   137 CAL
Lap/Rep :  55 Lap/Rep
Duration : 00:20:00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...