Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Day 2 Cardio!

Today's Selfie
I'm not a natural athlete and have never considered myself a runner, etc but dang if I don't get all happy on Cardio Day. This is a relatively recent development if you consider 4 years out of the 55 I've been in existence. And I'd have to say that I really didn't like cardio until the past two years. Now I'm addicted to it's mood enhancing abilities. I did cardio yesterday, but not the way I'm used to, and I admit that when I got home, I didn't really feel satisfied.

Today I feel much better. 30 minutes on the LifeFitness Cross-trainer, some stretching, some abs and then 30 minutes on the Precor Elliptical Performance Program #2. I didn't push too hard and got a respectably total mileage of 6.68. I've been watching my caloric intake and the MyFitnessPal is good for that and keeping track of macros. But because it has a limited database, it doesn't always find foods we eat over the weekend. The app's bar code scanner is wonderful for packaged foods, but even then, some foods aren't in their database.

Right Side Selfie
I see B and Venus chatting at the far cable station when I'm on the cross-trainer. B has been looking for a new training buddy for some time now. I'm curious to see if she and Venus are a good match. I'm pretty sure B is upset with me for not talking to her, but when I'm in my zone, I don't talk to anyone. I just "do". It sounds very Asian: less talk, more do. It's what my dad used to say. And probably Yoda as well. Actually, he said, "Do or do not. There is no try."

I also have that Don't Mess with Me look, but that's just because I grew up in NYC, and my mindset is different from most of the women who work out at my gym. Smiling does not come naturally to me. There are a few ladies who also seem very serious. They look like 30 yr old ex-college jocks. And they move a lot of weight when they're here. But it's nice to see so many women actually working with real weights. I've seen two women (Venus was one) doing trap bar dead lifts. If I didn't have issues with my grip and fingers, I'd be tempted to try those too.

Tuesday Cardio and Abs Workout
(6.68 miles)

Calorie :   149 CAL
Distance: 3.81 mile
Speed :    7.62 mph
Duration : 00:30:01
91.67
Set 1 : 50x25
Set 2 : 50x25
100
Set 1 : 100 Lap/Rep
50
Set 1 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 50 Lap/Rep
Calorie :   256 CAL
Distance: 2.87 mile
Duration : 00:30:00

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...