Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Days Seem Shorter

My son decided that today was the worst day ever. Or at least that's what he said when he got off the school bus this afternoon. He was upset that Winter Storm Thor had caused the local schools and library to cancel all evening activities, which meant no MineCraft meetup. After struggling through his writing assignment, he paused to ask me how my day was. So I told him: after the gym, I bought dish detergent at the RiteAid because it was on sale. I didn't tell him that I'd found the perfect Easter basket plush for him and have it hidden in my closet. Then I had to brave the ridiculously long tangle of shoppers at the ShopRite. I'd already expected this chaos based on the dearth of available shopping carts outside the store. I only had a dozen items but the line snaked past pharmacy and into the frozen food section.

After 10 minutes, I realized that two women blocking the "12 items or less" weren't actually on that line but were too busy gabbing over their over-filled carts to notice. A man called out that I had snuck past everyone. I wanted to Baaa back at him and the other sheeple. Instead I said he could just as well get on this line as well, but he stayed where he was, on the "Express 6 Items or Less" with a good dozen other people. I can't help stupid people. If you show them the way and they don't follow, not my problem.

Then off to the CVS to pick up my glaucoma meds. Then Kmart to get hangers. I get home and unload groceries. It's starting to snow. I cut apart a big black trash can liner and find clamps in the garage, trudge out back to basement, and manage to secure a new "tarp" over the doors, just in case it rains. I have my phone set with an alarm to tell me when to run down the road to meet the school bus. I barely have time to change out of my wet clothes (because I fell into a waist-deep snow drift trying to secure the plastic) and boots before it sounds. Yep, I want to smack everyone who asks me what I do all day with all my free time.

Today was Back Day. I slacked a bit on my warm up cardio, but at least I remembered to wear my blue cotton hoodie. Smith was busy, so I made good use of the oly bar on the floor, working my way through my standard routine. I can't up my weight at the RG BB Rows without totally wrecking my form so I'm relying on the additional exercises for progress. I feel a bit burnt, but that just might be the endless cold and snow. The lysine I'm mega-dosing with has vastly improved my mouth but I feel unusually fatigued. I can muscle through the Seated Cable Rows and the Lower Back Extension machine. But I cut back on the One-Arm DB Rows: only three sets of 12 at 55 lbs. I'm not happy with the way my elbows react to the heavier DBs so I've decided to stay at 55 lbs for now. It's still exhausting, and I can't wait until the sets are done so I can clamber onto the elliptical for a "relaxing" 30 minutes of cardio.

I punch in Performance Program #2. Halfway through, I realize that this particular machine (number two out of four) has a glitch in the software: it skips a directional Pedal Backward so I'm caught pedaling forward when it tells me to switch and pedal forward. No matter. I still feel pretty good. I've been neglecting my upper abs lately so I do a bunch of crunches before a modified Mat Stretch. I knock out a few Pistol Squats and splits, but no planks or Dive Bomber Push Ups today. Because I'll probably have to shovel tomorrow, and I'll need my shoulders and elbows.

Tuesday Cardio and Back Workout
(total mileage = 6.33; total weight moved 31,890 lbs)

Calorie :   149 CAL
Distance: 3.8 mile
Speed :    7.57 mph
Duration : 00:30:08
232.5
Set 1 : 45x15
Set 2 : 135x15
Set 3 : 155x15
Set 4 : 155x15
Set 5 : 155x15
Set 6 : 135x20
152
Set 1 : 90x12
Set 2 : 105x10
Set 3 : 120x8
Set 4 : 120x8
Set 5 : 120x8
315
Set 1 : 210x15
Set 2 : 210x15
Set 3 : 210x15
77
Set 1 : 55x12
Set 2 : 55x12
Set 3 : 55x12
Calorie :   285 CAL
Distance: 2.53 mile
Duration : 00:30:15

91.67
Set 1 : 50x25
Set 2 : 50x25
50
Set 1 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 50 Lap/Rep
134.17
Set 1 : 115x5

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...