Monday, March 9, 2015

Easing the Workout

When my husband is home, I fall prey to all sorts of bad habits, like staying up too late and not getting enough sleep, eating poorly and snacking frequently. He was home this weekend and left for Boston again around 11 am today. Which meant I couldn't get my car out of the driveway, and had half a mind to just stay in bed. After walking my son to the school bus stop, of course. Of course. But I still had to finally dispose of the large shopping bag of empties, get gas, get cash, get stamps. Well, might as well get a quick workout in as well.

Turns out that 28 bottles only gets you $1.30 so I'm still not sure it's worth dragging the empties back to the store. I used to just toss them into the recycling bin, to be collected once a week. But then I thought, heck, I'm paying the stupid deposit, I might as well get it back. By the time I get on the cross-trainer, it's damn near 11:30. I log in a bit over 4 miles and debate whether today should just be a cardio day. Someone is using the Smith. There's a 45, a 10 and a 5 on each side, but no bench and the bar is set about 2 feet off the ground. A big blonde kid is using it for Floor Presses and it's his last set. Cool. I've never seen anyone do Floor Presses before.

I do my routine set of Smith Bench press, but I'm not happy at how heavy the set feels at 130 lbs. I only bench once a week. I'd like to be stronger. Is it too much to ask? I don't really want to bench more than once a week, so perhaps I'll change my routine a bit. I do a few sets of Smith Inclined Presses and finish with an uncharacteristic 20 rep set. I also cut short the DB Laterals superset with DB Reverse Flyes. And most importantly, I don't do a 2nd leg of cardio. Because I don't really have the time. After a very quick stretch on the Mat, I'm off to shower and change and get everything done before I have to meet the school bus and take my son to kung fu this evening.

Monday Workout
4.09 miles and 12,555 lbs moved

Calorie :   152 CAL
Distance: 4.09 mile
Speed :    8.14 mph
Duration : 00:30:10
165
Set 1 : 30x15
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 100x10
Set 4 : 120x8
Set 5 : 130x8
Set 6 : 90x25
126
Set 1 : 30x12
Set 2 : 70x12
Set 3 : 90x12
Set 4 : 70x20
35
Set 1 : 20x12
Set 2 : 25x8
Set 3 : 25x8
Set 4 : 25x12 SuperSet with
37.5
Set 1 : 20x15
Set 2 : 25x12
Set 3 : 25x12
Set 4 : 25x15

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...