Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Difference Between Re-Set and Rest

My left shoulder got so stiff yesterday that I had trouble backing my car into the driveway. My hubs brought home the buckwheat-filled neck pillow/heating pad he had borrowed when his lower back was out of sorts. The heat felt great. I felt a tad more mobile this morning, so I went to the gym. Because that's what I do after I put my son on the school bus.

I really started to feel a lot better after 30 minutes on the cross-trainer. I was also trying on my new Saucony walking shoes. They're wide and comfy enough in the toe box, but seem a tad loose in the heel. Or rather, just the right heel. Time will tell how they hold up. I alternate my gym shoes so that each pair has at least a day to dry out. Tomorrow I'll wear the slightly narrow Asics Gel trainers. I'd really like to whack the kickboxing machine, but I'm not sure how much my shoulder will put up with that. I could skip the gym tomorrow and call it a rest day. But that's not likely to happen. I'll come just to do cardio. And then I'll justify smacking the machine with "What's more cardio than kickboxing?"

Today I babied my upper back because I didn't want it to seize up again. I skipped One-Arm DB Rows, and did light sets for the RG BB Row. I took it easy on the Cable Seated Row as well because my left elbow was also making itself known. The only movement I didn't ease up on was the Lower Back Extension machine. After some lower ab Knee-Ins and another 30 minutes on the elliptical, it was time to stretch.

Of course Old Yeller is on the stretching area mat. Then another sweaty fat old man joins him. But not on the same mat. No, he's halfway up the stairs and they are screaming their conversation at each other. Okay, I'm out of here. I do some rudimentary stretches on the linoleum floor in the hallway and then call it a day. Venus is here today. She's almost as chatty as B. In fact she's chatting with B. Then with Chatty Guy. Then with Tank Tattoo while they're both on the Step Mill. She seems small and smooth when she's not pumped, but we all look small under our layers. After 20 minutes on the Step Mill, she does some HIIT cardio on the treadmill and then she's done. Looks like contest prep to me.

Tuesday Cardio and EZ Back Workout
(6.65 miles total; 22,845 lbs moved)

Calorie :   149 CAL
Distance: 3.8 mile
Speed :    7.58 mph
Duration : 00:30:07
152
Set 1 : 75x12
Set 2 : 90x12
Set 3 : 105x10
Set 4 : 120x8
Set 5 : 90x12
225
Set 1 : 45x20
Set 2 : 135x15
Set 3 : 135x20
Set 4 : 135x20
315
Set 1 : 210x15
Set 2 : 210x15
Set 3 : 210x15
Calorie :   254 CAL
Distance: 2.85 mile
Duration : 00:30:10
100
Set 1 : 100 Lap/Rep

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...