Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Winter Storm Thor

Well, first school was on a two-hour delay. The sleet had pelted our windows all night but eventually turned to rain. This morning I heard the plow trucks trying to clear our road, cars trying to leave their driveways with wheels spinning. Then at 7 am, I got the text that the roads weren't improving so school was cancelled. By 10 am, I figured that it was warm enough to start clearing the icy mess outside. I'm not sure what this past storm was called because Winter Storm Thor is still en route and should be here tonight into tomorrow. Sigh.

This snow was a lot harder to clear. I got my son off the couch (and away from MineCraft youtube videos) to help me clear the walkway, driveway and car. That took about two hours, non-stop. At one point he wanted to take a break because his arms were tired. I told him he could have 20 minutes but then he would have to come back to help me finish. After taking a moment to mull it over, he decided that it wasn't worth going into the house and getting comfortable for only a few minutes. Our driveway and road looks pretty good but now I'm not sure if there's kung fu tonight. They follow a different school district and today not every school district closed. However, I'm pretty sure that our Cub Scouts Planning meeting is on, just not at the school. I'm tired and my neck and shoulders are achy. Can't wait until I have to shovel again. Tomorrow. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...