Thursday, November 29, 2012

Good Feelings

Well, no one asked me about candied bacon today and no one I know had any winning lottery tickets. Still, today was quite exhilarating. At least that's how my workout felt! Again the ellipticals were abandoned when I got there. Again, I got to use my favorite Precor #3 and set it for hill #5. I start to feel the odd ache in my inner thigh and straighten my posture and shorten my stride to more of a bicycling motion. The ache goes away. By minute 25 I'm sweaty and happily humming along to my iPod. 45 minutes gets me 5.08 miles. I'm happy.

The Smith is also vacant so I set up to do reps. 4 sets of 25 reps at 95 lbs feels pretty good. After I wipe down the bench, I put my sodden hoodie back on for Cage Stretch & Kicks. Those also feel pretty good considering yesterday was Leg Day. Not that my buns aren't sore because they are, but I tend to work through soreness in the belief that getting the blood moving in those areas will aid recovery. I come back to the free weight area to do shoulders and grab a pair of 20 lb dumbbells.

Halfway through my sets I decide to add a few sets of inclined dumbbell presses even though I know that benching already works the front deltoids. After 5 sets of 15 reps of seated inclined rear raises, I'm thinking perhaps I should up the weight on this one exercise. Or change my positioning. Putting my chest in my lap would probably be harder, and then I wouldn't have to up my weight.

Today's Total Workout:
45 min cardio = 5.08 miles
Smith Bench Press: 12 @ bar / 4 x 25 @ 95 lbs
Cage Stretch & Kicks
Front & Lateral Dumbbell Raises: 3 x 12 @ 20 lbs
Lateral Raises & Front Inclined Presses: 3 x 12 @ 20 lbs
Seated Rear Inclined Dumbbell Raises: 5 x 15 @ 20 lbs
One-Arm Tricep Extensions: 3 x 12 @ 20 lbs
Declined Bench Press: 25 @ bar / 25 @ 65 / 25 @ 85 / 25 @ 75 / 25 @ 65 / 50 @ bar (45 lbs)
  (doing those last 50 reps felt really great, but I'm sure it intimidated the heck out of the guys)
Flat Bench Twisting Sit Ups: about 125
Lower Ab Kick Outs: about 100 (I develop an abrasion doing this but don't notice it until I shower!)
Mat Stretch (no yoga today!)

I see R and wave Hi to him but I'm in no mood to stop and chat. I move from one exercise to the next with barely a pause except to wipe down sweaty benches, and chug from my water bottle until it's drained. I also see J but I don't really have anything to say to him at all, so I don't even wave Hi. At least R and J are chatting with each other.

The scale reads 109.4 lbs which is better than yesterday. My home scale reads 106.8 lbs and again, the other readings are up and down and don't make much sense to me. I just know I'm bigger. I take my measurements just to be certain. As I suspected, I've put 1/2 inch back on my hips! Not that they were very big to begin with, but at my height, I don't want a big butt. Right now I'm measuring 33+ / 26 / 33.5" which is why my clothes never fit properly. And that 33+ is all back and pecs so that makes other things difficult to fit as well... Oh well. I still had a great workout and left the gym feeling light as air.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...