Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gobble Gobble!

I actually made it to the gym today and thoroughly enjoyed my abbreviated workout. 45 minutes on the Precor got me a decent 4.95 miles and then I moved right onto the Smith to bench for reps. They felt really easy. The Cage Stretch & Kicks went well and then I moved back to the dumbbell rack for deltoids. It was soooo crowded with high schoolers that I had to be satisfied with a pair of 15 lb dumbbells so I improvised.

I only did 3 sets of front and lateral raises but didn't rest in between exercises so that felt good. Then I did a few sets of bent-over (chest in your knees) rear dumbbell raises but they were so easy at 15 lbs that I did sets of 15 reps without any issues. Several benches seemed to be missing and after a brief set of Tricep Dumbbell Extensions, I did some abs and then Mat stretch. The Torso Twist has a big sign on it stating that it's reserved for an Event. ??? Then I see R moving a pair of 125 dumbbells with a gaggle of wide-eyed high schoolers staring in disbelief, so I mosey over and wish him a Happy Thanksgiving. He nods and smiles.

Today's Total Workout:
45 min cardio = 4.95 miles
Smith Bench Press: 12 @ bar / 4 x 25 @ 95 lbs
Cage Stretch & Kicks
Superset Front & Lateral Raises: 3 x 12 @ 15 lbs
Seated Bent-Over Rear Raises: 3 x 15 @ 15 lbs
One-Arm Tricep Extensions: 3 x 12 @ 20 lbs
Flat Bench Twisting Sit Ups: 125
Lower Ab Kick Outs: 125
Mat stretch with Twisting Triangle yoga pose

The scale reads 110 lbs and I'm okay with that. I had a good workout and get back to the locker room to indulge in a hot shower. Now I'm just trying to get my husband and son ready to head off to my brother's house in NJ for Thanksgiving dinner with our cousins. Tomorrow I'll be cooking turkey, mashed parsnips & carrots, chestnut-sausage stuffing, and probably some banana bread. But damn, I'm gonna make it to the gym in the morning! After all, I'm a gym rat through and through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...