Sunday, November 4, 2012

Be Back Soon!

Wahoo! We finally got power back at our house this evening. It's been a week without power, or school and I've been thoroughly unmotivated to do much more than keep the household running at a passable minimum. We finally got cell service yesterday and then our generator (powering the fridge, furnace, well pump and one light and outlet in the kitchen) died this afternoon. It was finally determined that it needed a new car battery, and off to Sears we went where thankfully, it was in stock. Who knew there were soooo many different types of car batteries! And, an hour after we got the generator going again, the power came back on. Wahoo!

But on the fitness front, I got an email from the promoter of last month's NPC NY Grand Prix and am posting his attachment. I'm definitely going to the gym tomorrow (we drove by and know that they're open!) and boy am I excited!

Tomorrow I'll even post a photo of the beautiful peep toe pumps I bought online via Amazon. I'm shocked that they fit! The oddest thing I've noticed since I lost weight is that my shoe size has shrunk. I bought a 6W shoe and it's even a tad large! When I first entered the work force (some 30 years ago) and donned pumps with my suits, I wore a size 5.5. Then, with flats, I wound up having to buy size 6-6.5 shoes. I was nearly up to 7s. I guess one's feet do get fat as one puts on weight! And now I'm so thrilled to find actually attractive shoes in my current size. I might actually be a size 5.5W. It's quite exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...