Tuesday, October 2, 2012

It's Good to Be Back...

I spent yesterday having an ultrasound and getting my car fixed. The car was easy. $50 later, and a hose part gets replaced and today, no horrible fuel smell at a cold start. Also, my ultrasound results come back completely normal. Except for teeny tiny gallbladder stones. My doc asks me if I have any gall bladder pain, and I have to ask, "Where the heck would that be?" Turns out, if you go down the right side of your rib cage to the very edge, there's where your gall bladder is, and where it'd hurt if it was inflamed due to oh, let's say, blocked ducts. I don't have that problem. But I should avoid fatty fried foods. Well, we should all avoid fatty fried foods.

Today I'm feeling bloated and I have a lower back ache, and a twinge inside my left hip. Egads! The menstrual fairy has struck yet again! That would explain why my chin is breaking out in tiny pimples. Well, there are worse things, but I'm anxious to get back to my routine. Taking 3 days off isn't routine for me, and it shows in my workout. 45 minutes of cardio only gets me 4.88 miles and I'm mildly sweaty, but not grinningly so. I hope I do better tomorrow.

The gym is relatively empty so I set up at the Smith to bench. B's not here to spot me so my heavy benching is just going to be 3 sets of 12 at my semi-max weight: 135 lbs. After each set, I feel a bit of nausea but that quickly passes. Cage stretches & kicks are next. Then back for shoulders with 20 lb dumbbells. They still feel heavy. At some point I'm hoping to be strong enough so that they feel lighter... don't know that'll it ever happen. I pump out the sets until I either can't or I'm bored.

This morning, my workout pants felt a tad tight in the waist. Developing a muffin top in just 3 days of inactivity! I have to do abs and I knock out twisting sit ups and lower ab kick outs. I've already done 3 sets of one-arm dumbbell extensions but I'm eyeing the tricep pressdowns. What the hell, I add a 5 lb plate to the stack after a set of 12 reps at 40 lbs. I can't do 3 complete sets but close enough, and I finish with burn out sets. Mat stretch and a well-needed shower to follow.

The scale reads an ungainly 110 lbs and I can't say that I'm okay with that. Even though I was 122 lbs this time last year, I still feel uncomfortable at this weight. Knowing that I normally put on 3 lbs during my menstrual cycle doesn't really console me. I'd rather be 107 lbs regardless. It's been about 6 months since I was 110 lbs and it's been said that you have to live at your weight for at least a year before it feels "permanent". B has said that she can't even remember what I looked like when I was heavier. That's okay because I certainly can! And I have the pictures to prove it (including a horrendous Driver's License photo).

Today's Total Workout:
45 min cardio = 4.88 miles
Smith Bench: 12 @ 45 / 12 @ 95 / 3 x 12 @ 135 / 12 @ 115 / 25 @ 95 lbs
Cage stretch & kicks
Front & lateral dumbbell raises: 12 @ 15 / 3 x 12 @ 20 lbs
Lateral dumbbell raises: 3 x 12 @ 20 lbs
Seated Rear Inclined Dumbbell Raises: 5 x 15 @ 20 lbs
One-Arm Tricep extensions: 3 x 12 @ 20 lbs
Twisting Sit Ups: about 150
Lower Ab Kick Outs: about 150
Tricep Press Downs: 12 @ 40 / 3 x 12-8 @ 45/ 12 @ 40 / 15 @ 30 / 20 @ 20 lbs
Mat stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...