Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Something's Up

It's Tuesday and I'm going to finish my "push" work out today doing delts and triceps. First 45 minutes of cardio to get warmed up, but I only clock in 4.84 miles. The sweat feels good but isn't enough. Without bench presses, my shoulders feel a tad cold and stiff. What the heck, I skip the 15 lb dumbbells and pick up the 20s. They still feel bloody heavy but I do my 3 sets of front raises alternating with lateral raises. Then I do another 3 sets of lateral dumbbell raises.

When the inclined bench is free, I drape my towel over it and settle down to do 6 sets of Rear Inclined Raises. I get 15 reps for each set. Maybe I should up my weights? I could stick the magnetic 1.25 lb discs on these dumbbells next time before I move up to the 25s, which are waaay too heavy. I knock out one-arm tricep extensions, then wander off to the Cage to stretch and kick. I'm wearing those iron-seamed yoga pants so no sit ups today, but I do a few sets of Ab Torso Twists.

The tricep press down station is free and Mr Pajama Pants is sitting at the far lat pull downs. Good. I think he's given up any hope of conversing with me and I put him out of my mind. Last week I got sets at 45 lbs. Today, I knock out 12 reps without too much effort. What the hell, I take the plate off and stick the pin into the 50 lb setting. I can only get 8 reps but I can do it for 3 sets. Then I'm done. Well, not quite. There's still the Mat stretch.

Afterwards, I see R and ask him whether he got the steroid shot for his back. He says No, there's been a death in NY so he cancelled his appointment. Wow. He tells me that he's just trying to channel his energy better. I'm still happy for him. B is back this week too and she's chatting up a storm with all her gym buddies. I don't say anything to her, but her arms don't look so good anymore. Never mind the freckled tan that screams sun damage to me. But she's losing her delts, triceps and biceps. She has fibromyalgia so of course that impedes her workouts, but I think she'd get better results if she chatted less.

Today's Total Workout:
45 min cardio #5 hill = 4.84 miles
Front & lateral dumbbell raises: 3 x 12 @ 20 lbs alternating
Lateral dumbbell raises: 3 x 12 @ 20 lbs
Seated Rear Inclined Dumbbell Raises: 6 x 15 @ 20 lbs
One-Arm Tricep Extensions: 3 x 12 @ 20 lbs
Cage stretch & kicks
Ab Torso Twists: 2 x 25 @ 50 lbs
Tricep Press Downs: 12 @ 45 / 3 x 8 @ 50 lbs
Mat stretch

The scale still reads 109.2 lbs. I'm not sure where this new weight is though. It's at least 2 lbs more than I want to weigh, and it's difficult to say whether it's water or actual weight (muscle/fat/flesh). I'm testing the one-body-part-a-day work out this week to see how it feels, how my body responds to it. Tomorrow is Leg Day. B comments that she can't believe I do extra cardio on my Leg Day whereas she cuts back. Then she tells me that I have great legs. Thanks! But something's up, and I wish it wasn't my weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...