Thursday, June 13, 2024

AirPod Just Needed Charging

Bark Park today
I skipped yesterday for several reasons, mostly it was the telltale signs of a stressed immune system: burning lower eyelids, a sore throat due to post nasal drip, a burning sensation on the edge of my upper lip. When my body's immune system starts to flag, I'm prone to colds and viruses, especially the ones that already reside inside the body. Like cold sores. Lysine is part of my daily supplement regime, but I stopped taking the black elderberry syrup a few weeks ago. It was a mistake. I double-dosed yesterday, and that seems to have alleviated all those pesky symptoms for today. Yaaay! 

But temps have risen quickly from 57F to mid 80s, so it's bad to be outdoors and good to be inside with a/c. I'm happy that the gym has the doors closed with a/c and ceiling fans running. Next week we're due to suffer from the effects of a hostile heat dome that's moving eastwar


d across the country. I'm really glad I don't live in NYC anymore where the heat radiates from every concrete surface and the streets stink of fetid garbage on non-pickup days. Air-conditioning is my friend. Summer heat is not.

While cardio wasn't as good as Tuesday's, it was still decent. I skipped pull-ups today, preferring to save them for tomorrow when the Senior class will be in session. The gym is mostly empty when I arrive, but fills up with kids during my DB Shoulder routine. I'm happy to report that fully charging my earbuds fixed the problem I had with a silent left earbud. But even with both functional earbuds, I could still hear the couple in the DB area. It's the same odd couple I witnessed when I was at the Seated Cable station.

Now I can see them better because they are literally on benches right in front of me. They're probably married. He's middle-aged with gray chin hairs, and she's not so young, now that I can see her face with her hair pulled back. She still looks unhappy all the time. He's shouting encouragement at her. I can hear it even though I have my tunes blasting in my ears. And I can't wait until one of us can leave the area. He eventually leaves but she's still sitting on the bench when I finish my last set and put my DBs back on the rack. I'm finding that I can do more than the 25 reps for the last two heavy sets, at least for the Reverse Inclined Flys... Not so much with the DB Presses. Weird, right? I think the Reverse Flys use smaller muscles, but I could be wrong.

The Aerobics Room isn't as cool as I'd like. But it's not stuffy. Just not cold. I get through all my exercises fine, but the Wall Squats feel harder than they've been so I quit at just 2 minutes instead of 2 minutes 30 seconds. No need to torture myself. 

Trying a new look
I called my glaucoma doc to find out why the pharmacy still doesn't have my new meds. Turns out the pharmacy was trying to fill it as a generic because it wasn't specifically written to be dispensed as written, meaning, use the name brand as specified. A new Rx was dispensed so I should be getting an alert to pick up the meds any day now. Details matter! I am dreading having to adapt yet again to a new medication and how it will affect my workout. But it always beats going blind!

13 June 2024 12:04-2:03
Blazing Thursday sans Timolol

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30+5 (5604)
Distance: 2.84
Cal: 316
Avg Hr: 154, 188-84
Fitbit: 57-148

Skip HGPU 17.5

Incl DB Press s/s Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incline Flys
10 lbs x 25/15/25 warm up
15 lbs x 25/15/25
20/15/20 x 25/15/25, 27, 30 x 3


20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5
10 x 2 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg ea
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Fire Hydrants 20 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Arm rotations 20
Neck stretch / Eye yoga
Wall Squat 120 sec



No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Week

I'm so tired that I'm glad I don't go to the gym on weekends. I did go today after a lot of procrastination, so I got there late...