Thursday, September 14, 2023

Tired & Sore & Still Okay

I'm still not going to sleep before 11. Goals, right? But I got up, noted that I was mildly sore all over, and took the pups to the park and enjoyed the cooler, drier weather. Eventually I went to the gym and it was pleasantly empty with just a smattering of members. Cardio is increasingly better and my elbow, which was twingeing this morning, doesn't bother me during pull-ups. I did have a concern about being too sore and tired since this is Day 3, but obviously it's all in my head.

The a/c and the fans are on in the Aerobics Room so that's a relief and I can cool down. While I'm on the mat doing core exercises, a fellow comes in and sets up a phone tripod to take selfies. He strips down to just shorts and strikes a few classic bodybuilding poses. I manage to glance up and note that he's well-built with nicely proportioned chest, lats, delts, quads, calves... I don't want to stare so I'm not aware of any deficits in his physique. I'm tempted to wish him good luck, assuming he's competing somewhere, but I continue doing my routine and pretend I don't see him. It's the polite thing to do. 

I even manage to complete a 90 second Wall Squat before I leave the Aerobics Room. I'm tempted to do another set of pull-ups, but I'm tired and still need to spend a few hours wrestling with the hedges outside the kitchen window. Between the hedge trimmer and the small branch loppers, my forearms will be sore enough. 

Pomegranates finally arrive at the grocery after being advertised for weeks. Just in time for the Jewish New Year, Rosh Hashanah, which starts at sundown tomorrow. My kid has been looking for pomegranates since mid-August, but it's an Autumn fruit. I'm thinking of mailing him a few with cooler packs along with the spicy beef jerky my husband has been making out of London broil in the food dehydrator...

14 Sept 2023 11:09-12:29
Brisk Sunny Thursday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30 + 5 (5668)
Distance: 2.85
Cal: 318
Avg Hr: 144, 194-74

HGPU 17

20 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
20 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 90s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga
Wall Squats 90s

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...