Friday, September 22, 2023

Mentally Amusing, Not Physically Challenging

An abbreviated workout is better than no workout at all. I skipped yesterday and didn't have a lot of time today, so when I got to the gym, I looked around and realized I could spend 20 minutes on a machine I hadn't used in a long time. I think it's maybe been more than a year and there's no one on any of the Expresso exercise bikes. I get on the last one and look for my favorite program, the Dragon Island game.

It's a fun game and gets me breathing hard, but I barely break a sweat. Different machines measure heart rate differently. I'm pleased that the Expresso measures an average HR of 50, although I've only "burned" 88 calories after pedaling 3.84 miles up and down rough terrain chasing floating coins and dragons to score points. I'll be back on the elliptical on Monday...

After a set of pull-ups, I retreat into the Aerobics Room. There's a sweaty back print on the mat atop the pile in the corner. I always wipe the mats down even though I use my hoodie to place between me and it. Because people are gross. Today's a super-abbreviated workout since I need to change and shower, go home and put my laundry in the washer, before driving up to pick my friend up from her house. 

It's a workout. Not a great one, but it counts.

22 Sept 2023 10:36-11:30
Abbreviated Friday

Expressing bike 4
Program Dragon Island
Time: 20
Distance: 3.84
Cal: 88
Avg Hr: 50
Score: 138,690

HGPU 17

20 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
20 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...