Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Blistering Back to School

It was 70F when I took the pups to the park this morning, and it was already too hot. A pup friend, back from summer in Florida, eventually starting putting his paws into the water bowl to cool off. Time to go back to the refuge of a/c! I also found yet more Legos and Playmobil kits in my son's playroom so those got donated this morning. Thank goodness for GPS because I would've never found this person's home otherwise. She's a special ed teacher with younger kids this year and items like Legos and Playmobil are perfect for when the kids get overwhelmed by lessons.

I make it to the gym a bit before 11 and notice how many vacant spots there are in the parking lot. That's right! I forgot that today is the first day back to school for both my town and the next. Kids that are normally at the gym are actually in class! Yes, the gym is noticeably more empty. I'm good with that, although I feel like I'm dragging a bit due to the heat outside. During cardio, I get sporadic bouts of prickly itchiness down my back, on my legs, arms, shoulders, head... at least until I actually start to sweat, then everything's better.

It wasn't great cardio, but at least I got it done. Pull-ups were good, even the second set! And today I didn't automatically call it when the timer hit 90s for Wall Squats. Nope. Stuck it out for the full 2 minutes, and it actually wasn't that bad. Well, at least today. I'm sure if I tried this again tomorrow everything would suck. Tomorrow I plan to do the tricep routine. 

It's going to be unseasonably hot the rest of the week, i.e., in the 90s, which means taking the dogs to the park before 8 AM. I'm okay with that. The dogs have gotten better with me walking them at night as well, although I think one of them is showing signs of mild depression. He's not eating very well, but that could also be the heat. My dogs are happiest when it's 30F out. I probably am too.

5 Sept 2023 11:06-12:32
Blistering Back to School Tuesday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30 + 5 (5440)
Distance: 2.79
Cal: 307
Avg Hr: 145, 186-79

HGPU 18

20 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
20 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 90s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga
Wall Squats 120s!!

HGPU 15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...