Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Push-up Soreness

I woke up yesterday and my finger was still too swollen (and itchy) to squeeze my wedding band back on. Surprisingly, neither my pecs nor my triceps were sore from the push-up marathon. Instead, both my lats were tender. I'd never thought of push-ups as being a lat exercise, but I suppose it is a full body movement... Which meant I wasn't going to attempt pull-ups until today. Happily, I netted the same amount as last time. 

I did skip the second set because my left shoulder started to twinge during the last few reps of the first set. The shoulder didn't bother me during any of the core exercises, like planks or even push-ups. And push-ups felt fine. But I never want to chance injury that might impede my ability to do anything else. Like walk my pups. Because it's just me at home right now. The child is at away at school, and the hubs is working out of town for the next few weeks straight. I do have plans on Friday to check out a gallery with a friend because we know the artist, although we've never seen her watercolors before. In the past, we've been awed by her composed shadow boxes of natural items like dragonflies & butterflies, flowers, shells, driftwood to create awesome landscapes. (The insects were found already deceased.)

I got to the gym a bit late because I wanted to miss the MWF morning crowd. It was still fairly busy inside, but since I don't use most of the equipment, I'm good. I do like the locker room to myself with no one spraying godawful hair products. Today I got my ring back on so I figured I'd be able to do a few pull-ups as well. There's some sporadic itching from the bug bites, but the finger is so much better than it was two days ago. I did get bit through my pants again. But a swollen bump on the thigh isn't the same annoyance. Both Step Machines were empty and I grabbed the opportunity to do 10 minutes there. 

I skipped Wall Squats because honestly, I don't want to put my hoodie back on to lean against the wall (leaning against it wearing sweaty gym clothes is gross). The inside of my hoodie has a lot of fuzzy remnants from the plush blanket I washed two weeks ago, and wearing the hoodie transfers a lot of the fuzz onto my blank tank. Today I'm constantly picking and brushing lint off me and it's annoying and distracting. I flip the hoodie inside out and hope that laundering will remove most of the lint this time.

Peek a boo!
The mosquitoes are still out there even as temps drop. It was 48F this morning and I actually dug out a fleece hat to wear with a thicker hoodie when I took the pups to the park. After an hour, I was ready to head home, but one of the dogs had other ideas and hid himself under a low "bridge" in the puppy playground. Thank goodness for Full Moon Chicken Jerky treats, a reward for the pups when they get into the car to go home. 


20 Sept 2023 11:12-1:07
Brisk Wednesday

Precor elliptical #2
Program 3
Time: 30 + 5 (5638)
Distance: 2.86
Cal: 318
Avg Hr: 149, 192-82

HGPU 17

20 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
20 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 90s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga
   Skip Wall Squats 90s

StepMill (L)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-57)
Steps 535
Floors 33
Cal 78
Hr 131

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...