Friday, September 1, 2023

Another Combo Day

I won't lie: my triceps are still a bit sore from Wednesday's Skull Crusher and Rip Skulls, and that was only 6 sets in total. Not an excessive amount, but since it's been months and those few push-ups a few times a week apparently aren't enough. My lats aren't sore from that, but I can feel the pull-ups the next day. So I do a set today after cardio. And then core, and then I make my way to the DB area and perform my shoulder routine to the best of my abilities.

But because my triceps are sore, I'm even more concerned about dropping the DBs on my face during the "heavy" sets. I'm also wondering how all of this is affecting my eye pressures and all I can do is wonder because I can't monitor eye pressures while exercising. It's a good opportunity to see how the new workout T-shirts feel while doing bench work. In the past, I've been rubbed raw by coarse, rough seams or even the ribbed fabric at the bottom of my worn-out cotton hoodie. Happily, the T-shirt causes no chafing whatsoever. 

The only irritation happens when I have to straddle the inclined bench for Reverse Inclined Flys. Sitting on the bench for DB Presses is okay because I can cross my legs over the front of the seat. My feet don't actually sit on the ground but at least there's no chafing. Today I'm wearing mostly my old clothes, so at least I don't have billowy, pillow hips. I cut the reps for the Inclined Presses for the last two sets but everything else feels good.

I'm still working on cleaning and sorting through cluttered areas of my house. There's only one room with carpeting, but I don't think my vacuum is up to the challenge of matted dog hair from two pups. My son used to do his HW and drawings there, and the dogs would sleep next to him. He never got around to picking up any of his art supplies, toys, books, crafts, so I could never vacuum the carpet. Now he's away at school, and I've already sorted and donated toys he hasn't played with since he was 10. All his art supplies are sorted and put away in a bin. Old craft projects have been discarded (he's literally never going to need the soda bottle rocket or the cardboard egg crash cart again). 

I've already started looking at recommendations for a better vacuum, and after I give my existing Eureka! Pet Power Paw a go, I'll either attempt to wash the filter, bring it to the vacuum repair shop in town, or buy a Shark Navigator NV352 (and replacement filter packs)... Keeping busy means I don't miss him as much, although I still catch myself wondering if he's awake yet or when he's due home, and then I remember, oh yeah...

1 Sept 2023 11:17-1:02 pm
Friday the First
(Original pants / Combo workout)

Precor elliptical #3
Program 3
Time: 30 + 5 (5578)
Distance: 2.84
Cal: 315
Avg Hr: 143, 185-88

HGPU 16

20 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
20 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 90s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga
Skip Wall Squats 90s

Incl DB Press s/s Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incline Flys (triceps still sore!)
10 lbs x 25/15/25 warm up
15 lbs x 25/15/25
20/15/20 lbs x 25/15/25 reps, 20/15/25 reps x 2 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...