Wednesday, September 27, 2023

A New Push-Up Challenge

I found another pair of exercise pants that I remember wearing a lot but having some issues with the garment. I couldn't remember exactly what the problem was but it wasn't enough for me to toss the pants in the trash, so.... I also found my favorite tank, buried under a pile and covered in dusty dog hair. Laundering solves so many problems. It's mid-week so I'm careful to arrive at the gym after Boot Camp is over. It's the first sunny day in a long time and there's hardly anyone around. Just because it's sunny though, doesn't mean that it's warm. The heat in my house kicked on this morning even though my thermostat is set at 50F. While my phone app says it's 50F outside, the indoor/outdoor thermometer reads 47F.

I'm happily pedaling away and feel the waistband of my pants slip down from my waist to the bikini line. My pants aren't in danger of falling down, but I find it uncomfortable to have my belly jiggling over the waistband. I really need to lose these 5 lbs! Or at least the 5 lbs over my belly. I'm cold enough that I don't break a sweat until more than halfway through cardio. But I get my pull-up reps done and march off to the Aerobics Room.

While I'm in there, a few other people come and go. One fellow spends most of his time twisted on a mat staring into the wall mirror. By the time I get to push-ups, I've psyched myself up to my own push-up challenge. Rules? Do as many sets as possible, maximum rep is 25, minimum 15 (because I'm not ready to concede to 5 or 10). I'm surprised when I get a third set of 25 reps, but obviously, each successive set has a slower pace. I get 6 sets with maybe a minute rest between each. And that last set had me wondering if I was going to land on my face in the end. I didn't but it was a lot of effort. 


I think I might be sore tomorrow from all the push-ups. Or maybe not. I don't even know anymore. I need to buy some elastic to fix the waistbands of several pair of pants that I want to keep. The pants I'm wearing today though, requires more thought as how to prevent the waistband, especially the front, from rolling down without altering anything else. I go to Michael's craft store to get elastic and find holiday LED lights (been looking for those!) and a shiny black wreath to hang on the front door. (I usually get a lot of holiday stuff at RiteAid, but that chain has just announced store closings, and I'm not hopeful that there'll be fully-stocked shelves anytime soon.) It's Autumn and Halloween is barely a month away, we will not have any kids trick or treating but I'm still going to put up a few decorations.

While I'm waiting for my car to warm up in the gym parking lot, I see a car in front of me with an unfamiliar "logo". I take a phone pix so I can zoom in and I still can't tell what the name on the older sedan is, but I know it's an Acura, which is basically a high-end Honda. I have to resort to the internet to find out about the Honda Vigor. What? Never heard of it! Discontinued in 1994, this car is a genuine relic but not a "classic car." 

Later, standing in line at Michael's, I look around and see cucumber candy. Soooo weird. And gummy noodles simulating a Chinese take-out container. Also kinda weird. Not even curious to how they taste. Nope.

27 Sept 2023
Brisk Sunny Wednesday (& will my pants stay up?)

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30 + 5 (5568)
Distance: 2.83
Cal: 314
Avg Hr: 143, 198-90

HGPU 17

20 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
20 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Up Challenge: 25, 25, 25, 20, 20, 15 = 130
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...