Friday, June 9, 2023

Sleep Gremlins

I woke up this morning with my right forearm feeling as if gremlins had played twister with it all night. It hurt to zip up my hoodie and pull on my boots, so there was little chance of me doing that DB Shoulder superset routine today. Also sore were the front of my thighs and I'm equally puzzled by that. Maybe I have too many pillows under my knees while I sleep?

The air is noticeably clearer without that campfire odor everywhere. Still, the gym parking lot is sparsely populated, as is the gym except for some diehard regulars. The fires are still burning in Canada but the smoke has shifted away from our area. No telling when the next massive smoke alert will be but this is just the start of Canadian wildfire season. And El Nino has started early... Summer's gonna be a scorcher. 

My son has asked me to pick him up from school before I take the dogs to the park, because today is a half-day for Seniors. Because tonight is Prom. This means I'm cutting my workout short anyway but I don't want to skip cardio or core. Instead, I do the Intervals program for a full 30+ minutes, and then core. It's not as many counted steps as a normal program (approx 4700 vs 5500) because I'm dropping my Steps Per Minute (SPMs) to 90-106 in the troughs and only maxing at 230 for a few brief seconds during the peaks. If I can keep my pace over 150 for the rest of the peaks, I feel like I'm doing an adequate job. My HR is all over the place, but nothing new there.

At the end of core in the Aerobics Room, my left knees complains a little. No step machine today. But just enough time to shower, change, and buy some donuts for tonight's troop Court of Honor (which will have no Senior scouts because they'll all be at Prom) later at the park. At least I'll get some prom photos of my son and his friends beforehand as all the moms have agreed that we need a few group shots of our fancy-dressed boys.

9 June 2023
Super Sore Friday

Precor elliptical #1
Program Intervals
Time: 30 + 5 (4726)
Distance: 2.77
Cal: 294
Avg Hr: 144, 200-87, 91


20 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
20 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...