Monday, June 5, 2023

A UFO Festival

We didn't actually get to the annual UFO Festival in Pine Bush, NY. Vendor pop-up tents were all shutting down by the time we got there and parked. But we made it in time to listen to the featured speakers of Alien Abduction stories. Admittedly, three out of four seemed like grifters and showmen, but the last fellow Travis Walton, the one we all came to see, well, he was worth waiting for. The movie Fire in the Sky is supposed to be based on his story, but he tells us about scenes that were totally fabricated and other real events that got left out. The original book is out of print and hard to find but we're intrigued enough to do more than an Amazon search.

It's chilly this morning at 47F but heats up into the low 70s by the afternoon. The gym is moderately peopled with regulars as it's too early for the kids. Cardio felt normal although the HR monitor showed a weirdly lower rate than usual. Or perhaps it was actually showing a normal rate during exertion. Granted, 190 is really high and 77 is low for actual sweat-inducing aerobic exercise, but the average of 133 seemed very reasonable. Of course, these HR monitors are notoriously inaccurate and I still haven't pulled the trigger on an Apple Watch purchase.

I wish my pull-ups would improve but I guess I should be happy that my forearms aren't complaining too much by the 18th rep. I don't think I'm ever going to get to 25 reps. (It's good to have goals.) Everything else is routine with no surprises. Tomorrow I'll do it all over again, and back to the DB Shoulder supersets. I've missed feeling the burn and pump. Doing these high rep sets finally brings me back to that and that feels awesome. But still, I worry that even doing this is somehow counterproductive to my glaucoma treatment...

5 June 2023
Monday


Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30 + 5 (5716)
Distance: 2.87
Cal: 321
Avg Hr: 133, 190-77

HGPU 20

20 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
20 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

StepMill (R)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-60)
Steps 528
Floors 33
Cal 77
Hr 123

HGPU 20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...