Friday, June 16, 2023

Another Abbreviated Workout

I woke up a tad late and had a few important errands before getting to the gym. Which meant I didn't have enough time to do a shoulder routine, not that I was going to anyway since I woke up today with one of those Shingrix side-effects: discolored irregular swelling at the injection site. Sorta like hives. 

Neither of my shoulders were sore though, but putting off weights until next week might be best. Plus, I have another eye doc appointment on Monday just to go over my latest VF (visual field test) results and check the IOPs before next month's scheduled SLT (selective laser trabeculoplasty) on the eye that's losing upper quadrant vision.

However, I did have time to do a full cardio routine and most of the core workout, skipping crunches and eye yoga only because I got to the Aerobics Room late and people were filing in for the 9:30 class by the time I got to Air Squats. The dogs got to the park and ran around for a bit, but they're 4 years old now and not really interested in playing with the younger pups. And at 71F, it's also too hot for them. They like the cold weather...

16 June 2023
Shingrix Shoulder Welt Friday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30 + 5 (5548)
Distance: 2.82
Cal: 313
Avg Hr: 149, 189-78

20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
20 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...