Friday, June 2, 2023

Too Damn Hot

Temps in the low 60s feel perfect to me. Just cool enough to be comfortable in long sleeves and pants to keep the biting insects away. It was 59F at dawn and the day got hotter fast. By the time dogs went to the park, temps were broaching 90. Thank goodness a "backdoor" cool front is pushing its way east to drop temps to reasonable levels! There might be some rain. Or even hail.

The gym is comfortable when I start my workout but I'm quickly overheated and hot and sweaty. The back door is open which means I have to be wary of flying biting insects like flies. Flies love me, especially the biting ones. I think even the non-biting ones will actually bite me, because I'm just that irresistible. To insects at least.

My workout feel good and the gym isn't too crowded. There's just some regulars... I skipped yesterday so today I do pull-ups and DB shoulders. The shoulder workout feels great, except my forearms get a worrisome "twisty feeling" during the last few reps of the last few sets of Inclined Presses. I've never thought of Inclined DB Presses as a forearm stressor before.

I have an appointment to see my glaucoma doc in a few weeks to discuss my latest VF test results. Then the SLTs, which I'm hoping will do something beneficial. But there's a chance that it won't work. And then I have to consider more drastic options. I also have to get my car inspected, and I already know I need new bearings because my car sounds like a jet engine when it's in drive. Ugh. How many things can I worry about at once? 

Yesterday, the mailman put a letter from the IRS in my box that not only wasn't addressed to me, it was addressed to a likely bogus corporation since the street address is to a foreclosed, bank-owned property in New Jersey, and the zip code is for a neighborhood in the Bronx. So why is it in my mailbox? Why has the mail sorter coded a different zip code on the bottom of the envelope? Is this human error, or AI?
 

My son got his senior project (digital animation) completed last night and didn't sleep at all in order to work on the presentation he had to give today. Meanwhile, he still has final projects in Video Production and Digital Art to complete and submit. And what's he planning to study in college? Biomedical Engineering. 

Next week is Senior week as well, culminating in the Senior Prom. He plans to go with his friends, and then head to a beach house in NJ for the weekend. It's a tradition I'm just learning about. Some time this month, my son will have to help me take the pups for their annual exam and shots. One of the dogs has a shoulder bump which is probably a cyst but only a biopsy will tell. Pupper's not going to be happy about any of that.

2 June 2023
Friday Scorcher

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30 + 5 (5528)
Distance: 2.82
Cal: 312
Avg Hr: 144, 186-81

HGPU 21

20 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
20 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

Incl DB Press s/s Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incline Flys
10 lbs x 25/15/25 warm up
15 lbs x 25/15/25
20/15/20 x 25/15/25 x 2
20/15/20 x 30/25/30-35?
15 lbs x 50/25/50 AMRAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...