Thursday, April 20, 2023

One Rash Slows and Another Grows

I really didn't want to get up this morning. It didn't help that I stayed up too late while searching the iCloud photo archives for photos of my son during all his Scouting activities. His Eagle Court of Honor is next week and I still need to put together a display of his Scouting history. Well, at least important things like invites, programs, food and decor have been covered.

The gym parking lot is surprisingly empty when I arrive. As expected, I have trouble keeping pace on the elliptical. My upper body is mildly sore which doesn't surprise me. The knees and hips don't hurt, but I can't seem to get into gear. Pull-ups are a tad harder today and I can't make that last rep. I really want to nap in the Aerobics Room. Being tired makes me move and think slower. The weird "rash" under my armpits feels irritated for the first time. I'm thinking it's my flannel nightgown? But I've worn it all winter! Seams chafe and the tag on the back of my gym pants needs to be adjusted when I do crunches and dead bugs, and especially when I roll my hips from side to side.Well, at least the rash on my thighs is barely noticeable anymore, although a good cold snap will raise hives, but not instantly. It'll take about 2-3 days, which I don't understand at all. That will takes weeks to calm down while I slather hydrocortisone cream on it. Ugh.

 
I'm game for 10 minutes of cardio on the step machine. The speed seems to have been fixed so it hovers mostly at 55. In exchange for the TV not working at all. On the other cardio machines, only some channels are available. Bloomberg Business News appears to have been a casualty, but it probably costs extra in the Direct TV subscription line-up. Yep, that's what I watch when I'm doing cardio...

The rash under my arms grows more irritated by the minute and I'm not in the mood to wait for the Stretch Cage. Now that it's Spring, snow birds have returned. It's nice that where I live has been deemed one of the healthiest counties in NYS. Of course, that also means we have a lot of seniors, and they shouldn't always be driving...

20 April 2023
Gotta Pack Thursday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30 + 5 (5446)
Distance: 2.79
Cal: 307
Avg Hr: 140, 192-74

HGPU 22

20 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
20 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

StepMill (L)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-60)
Steps 546
Floors 34
Cal 80
Hr 140

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...