Monday, April 10, 2023

Crazy Temps

At 30F, there was frost on the windshield this morning. By mid-morning, I had no need for the heavy winter parka I donned when I first got in the car. The forecast is for summer temps later in the week, hitting 80 by week's end. It doesn't take me too long to warm up on the elliptical, but at first I get a bit of prickly heat before my skin concedes to sweat.

Everything feels very routine, including pull-ups and core in the Aerobics Room. I save the second set of pull-ups for last, after the step machine. I use the one on the left, the "good one" but it's not behaving like it should, pacing between 52 and 55, but mostly at 52. I lose focus, and lose count during pull-ups so I'm not certain that I achieved a 20 count. But it doesn't really matter. When I'm tired I tend to zone after the 12th rep... so it's anyone's guess whether I got to 18 or 20.

At least I'm making good progress with my son's Eagle Court of Honor: spending today printing invitations. Program partially finished. Checking out a local deli that the HS kids really like to find out what catering will cost. I still have time...

10 April 2023
Frosty Back to School Monday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30 + 5 (5526)
Distance: 2.81
Cal: 311
Avg Hr: 145, 188-79

HGPU 22

15 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
15 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

StepMill (L)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-55)
Steps 525
Floors 32
Cal 77
Hr 143

HGPU 20
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...