Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Weird Weather

I was surprised at how cold it was this morning: 46F! Of course, once I got moving on the elliptical, that wasn't an issue. I'm still ridiculously tired and seem to have lost the cardiac endurance I used to have. It's very disconcerting. On the other hand, after the routine cardio, core and basic exercises, I knocked out my DB Shoulder routine without any issues. I wasn't even all that tired by the last set, just mindful of the time because regardless of weather, my dogs want to frolic in the park. I can't spend all morning at the gym!

In the free weight area, there are regulars I haven't seen in a long time. And of course, there are the annoying regulars who tend to drape themselves over the equipment between sets. Because B has been absent from the gym for the past week and a half, there's a lot less chatter, which I find much more pleasant. She's either on vacation or having her shoulder fixed. Regardless, I don't relish her return. I see a tall scrawny middle-aged woman doing Overhead BB Presses literally inches from the BB rack. Ugh. Newbies!

At the dog park, I'm bundled in my winter parka, a hoodie, flannel shirt and long-sleeve cotton T. Because my hair is still damp from the shower, I'm also wearing a fleece hat under the hoodie. There's a brisk wind and the sky is overcast. Sometimes there's a gentle sprinkle of rain. The bugs are virtually non-existent. My husband bought new bug hats from Amazon with netting that circles a sun hat style instead of a baseball cap. The problem with the latter is that any place the netting touches your skin (like your cheek or neck) so can the biting insects. It's hard to keep the netting in place as you move about to keep an eye on the pups. I've yet to test out the new bug hat, but I'm sure I'll be envy of the Bark Park. 

My dogs meet up with a recent new friend and spend time chasing and wrestling. The other dog parent isn't dressed as warmly and after an hour, professes to be cold. I'm not surprised. Then the sun comes out and suddenly the winter coat is overkill. Ah Spring!


18 April 2023
Tax Day Tuesday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30 + 5 (5486)
Distance: 2.81
Cal: 310
Avg Hr: 149, 176-82

15 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
15 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

Incl DB Press s/s Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incline Flys
10 lbs x 25/15/25 warm up
15 lbs x 25/15/25
20/15/20 x 25/15/25 x 4
15 lbs x 25/15/25 cool down

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...