Thursday, April 13, 2023

HeatWave April

It's mid-April in NYS which means it's cherry blossom season. It should not be a blistering 88F with sporadic brush fires breaking out all over the region. April is supposed to be cool and wet and muddy. Not tinder dry and dusty! I have a lot of things to do and while I turn the a/c on in my car ('cuz I don't want to bake inside this metal box on the road), I refuse to turn it on in my house. The electric bills have finally calmed down a bit after months of erratic numbers. I changed the supplier and then NYSEG raised its delivery rate. Ugh. Solar is tempting but only if I'm in the market for a new roof. I don't have that kind of cash to burn!

I'm too hot and the first mosquito bite of the season on my hand is itching like mad. It's two days old and although I slathered it in hydrocortisone cream within an hour of getting bit (I actually saw the perp and squished it) at the dog park, it raised an itchy red welt that persists in refusing to be ignored. I haven't had enough sleep, my knees and assorted other joints feel achy and I'm having a hard time getting in the groove of my workout.

I skipped yesterday and got a lot of chores done. Today it's pull-ups, a decent cardio session and the all-important core and stretching. But both step machines were occupied by teen girls chatting with each other, and I didn't have the enthusiasm to go for a second set of pull-ups. It's too hot and too early in the season for a/c. Thank goodness the a/c is on in the Aerobics Room year round. The doors to the gym are open so I'm damn lucky I wasn't pestered by flies the entire time. Insects find me irresistible. I am perplexed though by the stillness of the ceiling fans in the free weight area. But not enough to ask anyone.

I still take the pups to the park because they need to run about and sniff. Eventually, they calm down and spend time lying in the shade under the picnic bench. Tomorrow promises more of the same, but the weekend should see cooler, more moderate weather. And maybe even rain.

13 April 2023
Blistering Thursday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30 + 5 (5466)
Distance: 2.80
Cal: 309
Avg Hr: 134, 176-80

HGPU 22

15 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
15 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...