Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Gradients of Exercise

I like my earbuds but there's no way to tell how much battery life is left until I hear the ominous message "Power low." That gives me 3-5 minutes before it shuts itself off. I'm 10 minutes into my cardio but having a hard time getting up to speed. Perhaps it's because I stayed up late sending Eagle Court of Honor invites through my printer? I step off the elliptical and grab my bag to replace the earbuds with my backup AirPods. At least they're charged. But they're second generation and I can't increase the sound volume. Ambient noises and conversations leak in. Still it's better than no music whatsoever. I'm vaguely mollified by the reports that exercise might help to abate the ills of sleep deprivation.

There's no place to put the bag while I'm pedaling so I have to step off again and put the bag back on the ground, tucked under the pedal mechanism. I'm glad the Precor elliptical allows users to pause the program briefly if pedaling slows or stops. After a few minutes it will end the program, but it gives you a few minutes. Other cardio machines are not so forgiving and if you stop for more than 30 seconds, the program ends and you have to start again.

In the Aerobics Room, "Bob Paris" has set up a tripod for his phone and is busy snapping selfies with a few beverage cups. I only notice because he drops the cup and it clatters loudly. Otherwise, I have my head down while doing planks and whatnot. Afterward, I have time so I claim a bench in the DB area. Halfway through my sets, the chatter is from the regulars is so loud that I literally curse, not quite under my breath. I'm there to lift weights; they're there to socialize and maybe move a few plates. I don't care if you want to chat, just stand out of the way of everyone else.

It feels good to get all the sets done for the DB Shoulder routine. But I really need to charge my earbuds because at least I can turn up the volume loud enough to drown out the inane conversations surrounding me.

11 April 2023
Busy Tuesday w/ 2 Cardio Pauses

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30 + 5 (5208)
Distance: 2.72
Cal: 295
Avg Hr: 136, 188-80

15 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
15 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

Incl DB Press s/s Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incline Flys
10 lbs x 25/15/25 warm up
15 lbs x 25/15/25
20/15/20 x 25/15/25 x 4
15 lbs x 25/15/25

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...