Friday, April 14, 2023

Is This a Lyme Disease Rash?

Yesterday I noticed that there are two irregular discolorations, one under each armpit. I've never had or seen anything like this before. They don't hurt but they clearly don't belong there. At first I think WTF is this!? Is this an abscess or an infection because armpits are rife with lymph glands. I've been horrible tired lately, attributing that to sleep deprivation and the unseasonable heat. Cardio has been lackluster when it gets done. Does this have something to do with that!

Today I wonder if I have Lyme disease or some other tick-borne illness. I keep finding nymphs crawling on one of my dogs; his blood work suggests he's had Lyme before. Nymphs are tiny and I wouldn't necessarily know if one bit my head, under all this hair. But arm pits? I think I'd notice that, or at least feel it. I felt the mosquito that bit the top of my hand and promptly squished it. But it had already bit me and I'm still having an allergic reaction to it several days later.

Fatigue, fever, sore joints... okay, I definitely don't remember any fever symptoms. But my joints have been more sporadically achy than usual. That's one of the reasons my cardio has been less than stellar. Poor cardio could also be attributed to the bad air quality that excessive heat brings. I don't exercise outdoors, but we all still breathe the same air, especially since the doors are open. A big fly zooms by. I definitely don't miss biting flies! I'm a lot better inside my car when I turn the a/c on and shut the outside vents. It hits 90F before 1 pm today. Florida, anyone?! All the trees are abloom which is very pretty but there's a high pollen count as well.

The free weight area is fairly empty and I do my second round of DB Shoulders. Today I can do the full routine, and, as in my youth, pushing weights is the one area where my stamina doesn't fail me. (Ah, just like a girl! Women have been shown to have better endurance. It was a ridiculously small study, but I still think it holds true.) 

Shade is sparse
Dogs are counting on me to bring them to the park even in blistering weather, otherwise I probably could knock out another set or two of the 20s. This part of my routine doesn't phase me at all. Maybe it's not Lyme. But then, what the hell is it?

14 April 2023
Do I have Lyme disease?
Blistering Friday (forecast 90F!)

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30 + 5 (5448)
Distance: 2.79
Cal: 308
Avg Hr: 138, 186-124

Skip HGPU 22

15 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
15 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

Incl DB Press s/s Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incline Flys
10 lbs x 25/15/25 warm up
15 lbs x 25/15/25
20/15/20 x 25/15/25 x 4
15 lbs x 25/15/25



No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...