Friday, May 31, 2019

Cardio With Less Plus

Left to my own devices, I'll stay up all night working on things and then sleep until late morning. I had a Troop newsletter to write and find photos for before I could go to bed, which meant 3 a.m. At least I got to the gym today although it was much later than I'd prefer. The upside of coming in later is that the gym is fairly empty and I have access to my equipment of choice.

I'm too tired to even think about 4x4s because that involves remembering how much time is spent on each section. Instead, I do Program 3 for 30 minutes on the elliptical, plus a 5-minute cool-down. Because the morning class was over an hour ago, I have use of the classroom for pushups and core. I just have to remember to brace my abs to keep my feet from sliding on the wood floor since I'm wearing my oversized, very soft and comfy Skechers with the slippery white soles. It's also very humid and sweat is constantly dripping off my nose.

Pull-ups are easy enough until I hit 20, then the elbow starts to whine. The StepMill is also easy even if my face turns pink and sweat is bouncing off my tank and pants as it drops onto the steps below. I can see some regulars in the free weight area. Creepy PJ Pants is leering at a young woman in leggings and a tank. She's the only other person I've ever seen stand up on the seat of the Lat Pull Down station to grab the bar handle. She must be short like me.

Another set of pull-ups, just a few more than before. I'm so happy that I'm almost done. On the cross-trainer, my stomach starts to growl. Ugh. Hungry! Thank goodness I've got a 30 gm protein RTD in my car (in an insulated bag with a cooler pack). Ensure brand has finally delivered a mild mixed-berry flavor beverage that isn't Nesquick Strawberry sweet. So much tastier than Muscle Milk. And so much more convenient than going home to mix up a shake. Because I get easily distracted.

My legs are tired, especially the quads so I'm torn between really pushing hard and just taking an easy 15 minutes on the cross-trainer. What I do concede is that my legs are too tired for Walking Lunges and the 2:1 Lying Leg Curl. Besides, it's already early afternoon and I have other things to do! One more set of pull-ups, and one more set of pushups. The pink hue to my arms seems to be fading into brown. In the shower, I realize that I'm also starting to peel. Ugh. Well, it's not like I didn't know this would happen. I've ordered a zip-up rashguard from Land's End (50% off sale) for next year's trip. That should solve the problems of both sunburn and suffocating collars.

Sunny Cardio Friday

30 min elliptical + 5cd
Program 3
Miles 2.92
Calories 328
HR 146-203 (97)

Cage Stretch
HGPU 23

Push Ups 60
Crunches 30/40
Leg horizontal scissors 50
Bicycles 50
Side Planks 2 x 60s
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s

20 Step Mill
Level 3
Calories 114
Total steps 721
Floors 45
HR 130

HGPU 25

15 Cross Trainer+3cd
Manual 1
Calories 141
Miles 2.02
HR 146-150 (136)

HGPU 23

Push-ups 50
Mat Stretch


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...