Thursday, November 1, 2018

Whacking Thursday

I decided to stop babying myself on the Nexersys and added a few rounds of Intermediate today. Of course, I had to subtract a few rounds of Beginner just so I wouldn't totally wipe myself out. It's no fun to completely deplete yourself in the name of health and fun.

Today's warm up is just 10 minutes on the elliptical, which is the bare minimum cardio-wise, but the baby bells and band pulls help to raise my heart rate. I'm so out of shape that last week's 7 rounds Beginner was quite exhilarating. Regaining my former cardio endurance is high on my priority list. Maintaining strength while I do it is also up there.

After three rounds of Beginner I'm really warm. My lungs burn a little. But I don't feel tired. Actually, throughout all 8 rounds, it's only my lungs that hurt occasionally. Between rounds, I'm breathing hard and blot my face with a towel. I manage not to drink the entire 20 oz of water I brought, but close. The Nexersys, true to form, refuses to register the Power Dig (because the sensor is broken) and sometimes Power Kicks and Sweeps. But the latter more sporadically. I have to aim low, below the X mark on the pad. Today I sound the Hitting Too Hard alarm only once. Sigh.

After I unwrap my hands, I steel myself for a few pull ups. It's always a test after doing a few rounds. To my relief, my biceps and back aren't really affected by all the punching and kicking. Those are more dynamic Push movements, not Pull moves. I actually consider Kickboxing Day to be on par with Push Day exercises, but with harder cardio moves. Stretching always feels good, even my lower back is okay. But I'm actually too tired to do core today. Tomorrow's another day, and probably a good time to do all those other cardio machines I hate, like the Octane, the StepMill and the Expresso Bike. Oh wait. I actually like the Dragon Island game on the bike!

Wacky Thursday

10 min elliptical
Calories 88
Miles 0.80
HR 146 (max HR 188)

T, Y & I Raises
3lbs x 15
5lbs x 15

Mid Band Pulls 15
High Band Pulls 15

Nexersys FM
5r Beginner
3r Intermediate

HGPU 21

Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...