Friday, November 9, 2018

Another Cardio Friday

I'm developing the sniffles, which is not unusual with the weather changes. Today there was frost on the windshield although the temps will rise into the 50s later. Perhaps my body is rebelling against this routine, especially with the lack of enough sleep. I'm a little sore all the time, but not enough to prevent me from doing anything.

That doesn't mean that my immune system hasn't been challenged by all the cold and flu viruses in the air. I'm convinced it's the less than 7 hours of nightly slumber during the week that's causing this lapse in health. However, I don't feel sick (yet) so I'm able to work out the way I want, which is with high intensity. But I should probably start dosing myself with zinc before bed for a little while. (High doses of zinc (50 mg or more) can cause copper deficiency and weaken the immune system as per Consumerlab.com.)

My routine is the same as last week: Octane, Step Mill and Expresso Bike. I finally figured out that the bonus treasure (worth 5000 points) boxes in the Dragons Island game actually regenerate not far from their origin point, which is marked by a beacon. Today, I use the magic portal to land on the island that contains the portal, then spend my time collecting coins that allow me to bag dragons. The blue and green dragons (500 & 750 points) aren't worth as much as the red coins (250) and dragons (1000), and the white coins and blue-silver dragons (1500). I used to wander around the island looking for more treasure box spots, but today I stay put, circling the beacon until I can pick up a total of 6 treasure boxes. Yaaay me.

Everything is good today, but my left knee (kneecap specifically) twinges occasionally. The only exercise it affects are the Pistol Squats. Ugh. This is the first time that I can remember having one leg, the left one, fail at doing these. I can squat down and get up twice, but after that it's total failure. The right leg is actually not having any issues, but I don't want to work out just one leg, the stronger leg. Ugh. I do a few lunges to warm up my knees. I get just one more squat out of the left leg, but then it fails again. Today's not the day for this. Oh well...

Cardio Friday

20 min Octane
Manual Level 1
Calories 127
Steps 2402
Miles 1.75
HR 113 max 150
(Toes are numb)

20 min StepMill
Level 3
Total steps 706
Floors 44
Calories 112
HR? 122

20 Expresso Bike
Dragon Island
Points 173,180
Calories 75
Miles 3.54

HGPU 23
Crunches 30/30
Bicycles 50
Elbow Plank 60s
Side Planks 2 x 60s
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s

Pistol Squats
Right 6
Left 3 (knee ugh)

Step Lunges
About 15 each

Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...